Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges

DocTony

Sr Member
A few months ago some friends of mine and I got together and started talking about the Klingon Chancellors Robe and how we had never seen it made, so we decided to make it for one of the local conventions that was coming up in June.

One of the first obstacles was the massive amount of honor Badges on the front of the costume, while they changed from person to person depending on who was wearing the coat there were a lot of them. A few were available on eBay so we picked them up and started talking with the maker and got some of his construction tips, we wanted them to all look as thou they were made by the same person, So we created 10 new honor badges, some by drawing the design out in autocad, and some just from scratch with scrap materials. We cast all the pieces in silicon and painted them using the techniques we learned form THE MAD KLINGON from eBay.

This was a big project and it took several people to see it completed but in the end we were all happy with the results. We had to come up with names for the badges that did not have any cannon names to them so ,Here they are in all their Glory.

MyMedals_zps65002cc3.jpg

I will post a thread about the Chancellors robe later in the costuming section.

Very cool. I'm sure there has to be a book out there that list what each medal is for. I'm really curious about the one that looks like a star stabbing a donut.

I had some great shots form Akon but my camera was stolen from my car that night, However I have these I took after the con of the robe itself.

IMG_20120605_192129.jpg

coat4.jpg

Now that is well made. I have a good copy of the Cloak worn by the Klingons in ST111 and Next gen as well as DS-9 and own several of these bedges seen here.
Nice work folks. Love it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back