Idol of Fertility from ReelArt

BULLITTS

Hello All...
Interested to know if anyone owns one of their IOF pieces. I see they have it posted on ebay and I'm just curious as to the detail and craftmanship on this particular piece. I looked at the pics posted with it, but I'm curious to see ones actually owned by the members here. If anyone has pics and feedback they could post, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

B :cool

Stay away from them... Far away!!! Their stuff is a waste of money and you will only spend more money later buying better.

I don't know about their Fertitlity Idol but early on, when I started my Indiana Jones collection, I bought a translucent Sankara Stone from them.
It went right from its box to the trash can. It's still one of the ugliest most unprofessionally crafted replica I've ever had the displeasure to see.

So I strongly advise you against dealing with these guys, you will lose time and money over a terrible item to the benefit of people who couldn't care less about their customers.

Edit: I just took a look at their ebay store. Their idols are just HIDEOUS. Not just innacurate but plain horrible. Wich is worisome because their pics usually look ten times better than the actual product you'll receive.

Maybe you can try to contact sskunky on these boards to see if you can get a spot on his current run of screen accurate idols. They're far more pricey than what Reelart has to offer but you'll get one of the best idol replica ever produced (probably on par with the famous Gobler idol), with lineage to a production piece and well worth your money. If they end up being too pricey for your budget , an alternate solution would be the Sideshow idol. They're not the best but they come with a fancy stand and they quite look the part on display.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. :thumbsup

JKKS, I was looking at his ebay store the other day and messaged him asking about his IOF. I was asking him how much in regards to his "Make An Offer" selection. He's selling the IOF with a stand for $159.99 + $20.70 s/h. I started to haggle with him about the total price and said how about $152.00 even out the door (IOF & s/h). He counters with $156.99 and says he can't do $152.00. Then I start talking to him about the Cross of Coronado and the IOF combined. He quotes me $119.99 for the Cross and $156.99 for the IOF including s/h. Then turns around and says its $280.00 for both. I then mention to him that its $276.98 and he admits that he got upset because I haggled over $3.00. I then mentioned to him that he haggled over $4.99. :facepalm Couldn't believe it... From reading your posts, I think I will stay away from this Reelart business. I'm going to stick with Ozymandius... much better quality!!!

Thanks again for the feedback guys... :lol

B

Does ReelArt even have an official license to make Indiana Jones prop replicas?
And where can I find officially licensed replicas of Indiana Jones props?

Does ReelArt even have an official license to make Indiana Jones prop replicas?
And where can I find officially licensed replicas of Indiana Jones props?

Sideshow has the only official licensed Fertility Idol. And although it is a complete resculpt, it is a great piece for $200-$300. It is completely inaccurate but still a nice piece.

Okay. That is STILL out of my price range, though.

Are there any officially licensed replicas of the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones?

The SS Is the best deal for under 300.00
If you can't afford the mid to lower mid sorry but your going to
be in that range of 50-100 and thats not a place you can get to picky .

From reading your posts, I think I will stay away from this Reelart business. I'm going to stick with Ozymandius... much better quality!!!

Thanks again for the feedback guys... :lol

B

You're welcome.
I think you made the right choice. You should definitely stick with what people on these boards (or over at COW) have to offer.
With the help of sskunky, RelicMaker, Indy Magnoli, Sarednab, Peter74, RestauraJones (I must have forgot some people but those are mainly the sellers I delt with while gathering together my Indiana Jones collection, and indeed Ozymandius' idol looks great, it think its a good option as well) you should be able to get replicas well worth your money. And as a bonus you'll meet fine people who actually care about their customers. ;)

Last edited:
You're welcome.
I think you made the right choice. You should definitely stick with what people on these boards (or over at COW) have to offer.
With the help of sskunky, RelicMaker, Indy Magnoli, Sarednab, Peter74, RestauraJones (I must have forgot some people but those are mainly the sellers I delt with while gathering together my Indiana Jones collection, and indeed Ozymandius' idol looks great, it think its a good option as well) you should be able to get replicas well worth your money. And as a bonus you'll meet fine people who actually care about their customers. ;)

Thanks JKKS... I looked up the IOF on SS but it's currently sold out. I actually like Ozymandius's a lot better. He sculpted it with such great detail and even includes the eyeballs like the original from the ROTLA film. Thanks for the encouraging words and for helping me out.

Much thanks! B

If you're on a budget, you could always buy the idol coin bank and modify it.

Yeah, and at least I could use the idol coin bank version for it's intended purpose...as a coin bank for loose change.
I would have to save up a whole ton of money before I could afford the real official prop replica.
I still wonder if there's an official replica of the holy grail though.
And I wonder if one could make a replica of the holy grail that would be safe to drink out of.

I bought the vinyl bank idol for a friend and was very impressed. I had read it was a based on a digital scan of the original prop with hair tweaks. You can't beat the price at around $20 and it would probably look great in faux gold leaf from the craft store.

I bought the vinyl bank idol for a friend and was very impressed. I had read it was a based on a digital scan of the original prop with hair tweaks. You can't beat the price at around $20 and it would probably look great in faux gold leaf from the craft store.

Scan of the original? :lol
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Where did you hear that one?
It's not even close to accurate.

Scan of the original?
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Where did you hear that one?

He's right. They do claim that it's scanned from an original idol in most of the product descriptions. Indiana Jones: Fertility Idol Bank

(ACTUAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION FROM VARIOUS WEBSITES.)

Scale: Lifesize
Format: Plastic Bank
Packaging: Loose
Manufacturer: Diamond Select

Description:
* Save your treasured coins with this!
* Save up to buy more toys!
* Indy's treasure is now yours!

You definitely don't want to trade this idol for a whip, that's for sure! Featuring one of the most iconic relics in pop culture history, now the Golden Fertility Idol can be yours — providing you can save your pennies! Recreated utilizing digital scans of the original prop itself, this priceless relic is the perfect hiding spot for everything from your secret gold doubloons to that handful of change from the couch!

But of course that's not true. One look could tell you that. (What do they think? That we're blind?!! :lol

View attachment 122577

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back