So where does one go for Obi Wan ANH light sabers these days? How is Parks?

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm talking the grenade and faucet handle deal, not the FX (unless FX is all there is.)

I was into saber years ago and never got around to my holy grail saber. thought I'd cast around. Any parts suppliers still exist, or complete replicas? I don't necessarily need to go original parts on this baby.

Is Blast-tech still selling graflex clamps? Anyone selling replica parts or is it a years long quest trolling the junkyard and other forum classifieds? :)

Last edited:
Re: So where does one go for Obi Wan ANH light sabers these days? Is FX all there is

Russ Rep has been doing runs of a couple parts at a time - he's super accurate and I hear quite good quality. Expensive though - one part may cost you 50-150 dollars depending.

Umm, as for clamps I'm not sure, blast tech may still have their thin bubble strips but no clamps. Parks has a version of this saber, i'm pretty sure they sell repo clamps too. Other replicas from Master Replicas and SD or Icons have been popping up around ebay - some metal/resin parts on here (the junkyard) or ebay are up as well. I just bought a resin pommel cast from someone on ebay for a couple bucks - it's usually hit and miss, so I'll see what I get.

Currently, I'm collecting cheaper or older/less accurate parts and trying to throw in some hardware/DIY to make one. It's just taking awhile. I also ordered one of the old Electronic Obi Wan toy sabers and plan on cutting it up and using pvc to make it more accurate.

Hope I helped! any more specifics on what you're interested in?

Re: So where does one go for Obi Wan ANH light sabers these days? Is FX all there is

Have you tried any of the various saber-building sites? I know that The Custom Saber Shop sells a lot of things, including graflex replica parts. I'd try there.

EDIT: If you get a main body part it always comes in MHS compatible threading, a thread that they generally do not share the specifics of. However, they are willing to share that information if you contact them directly and so long as you don't make a run of parts using MHS threading.

Don't ask me why they don't want to share the thread information. I personally find it kind of ridiculous, given that anyone with any workshop knowledge can determine the thread size with no real difficulties, and it's not like it can be a trade secret anyway. But hey, they do what they do.

Last edited:

TCSS and Parks sell clamps. Russ parts are top notch. Here's a picture of his parts from his first run a few years ago. Pic is clickable.

TCSS and Parks sell clamps. Russ parts are top notch. Here's a picture of his parts from his first run a few years ago. Pic is clickable.

nice weathering job:)

How is buying from Parks Sabers? I was thinking of picking up a few parts from there like the graflex clamp and maybe the pommel knob. I've never bought from Parks and was wondering if they were legit?

Oh, they're legit.

I've never actually ordered from them (I typically use UltraSabers of TCSS), but Parks is amongst the upper tier of LED sabersmiths out there.

Yes, Parks is legit. Scott just picked up a boatload of clamps from him for the Luke V2 run going on.

Thanks all!

Anyone know if the Parks Obi Armitage Handle/pommel from parks work with the russrep booster, etc?

From my experience, there are a few things to note about the Parks pommel:

1) It's a molded one piece design (hollow with no pop-off cap or multi-part insides) and it mounts with a set screw through the side.

2) It will work on a RR booster, but the pommel is based on the modern version of the AS handwheel, which is a fair amount larger than the "correct" one. This means the circumference of the opening is also a bit bigger and because of the hollow design, it's also deeper than the original. You can adjust for that with washers to fill the space though.

With that said, you can get a real (incorrect) AS handwheel for less than Parks asks for a replica. Someone in the JY even has one for sale right now. Otherwise, in my humble opinion, you're better off with either a RussRep or Roman's Empire pommel. Both are very nice, but the Roman's version is lighter since it's made of aluminum. Note that Roman's pommels seem to have a problem with machine marks, at least on his older versions...

Cool, info thanks!

"Roman's Empire" ? That sounds so familiar! Keep in mind I haven't even peeped at saber and saber parts in almost a decade. Is there a Roman's Empire web site (didn't find with a Google search) or is that their board name?

He and his wife had a child a few years ago and he got out of the saber buisness. He resurfaced I believe earlier this year with a desire to restart, but since then things have sadly been quiet.

Parks makes solid sabers but...

During a research project , Jeff Parks borrowed another members flash unit, damaged it and did not re-reimburse the member for the damage or fulfill the original agreement for the lending of the reference material, which was expensive and hard to find.

Since then,t he RPF members for the most part have not been purchasing from Jeff hoping he would make right the situation. Jeff noted here on the board he is a good Christian and therefore was justified in his actions. Probably one of the most blatant anti-Christian moves I have had to witness here. That coming myself from one who deeply values such principles.

So most have not endorsed him above due to this issue, which to this day I believe was never resolved properly. I like Jeff, have done a ton of business with him, but have not since that point as I feel he screwed over a member and then did more damage to himself and others with his justification of why he would not make restitution. Until that time, you will find many old time members who feel the same and as much as we like JP and his products, shun him at this time.

I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a Kenobi ANH, but decided that I was more interested in "close enough" and "looks right" than absolutely authentic. I've got my eye on the MR RotS hilt, and maybe a Saberforge Redeemer. Saving my pennies!

Wow, your first three posts are all the same. What a way to make an entrance. Welcome to the RPF, I'm sure you will find your stay here....interesting.

Amen

I get that you are pissed and got shoddy treatment from him but we get the point.

Parks antics are well documented here

Wow, your first three posts are all the same. What a way to make an entrance. Welcome to the RPF, I'm sure you will find your stay here....interesting.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back