ProximoPrime's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

ProximoPrime

This is my entry for the 2012 Halloween Costume Contest, Judge Dredd, been working on this at the end of August, it's come along nicely. Most of it is hand made, some buts bought and customised. Hope you all like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 218
yeah haha :lol it was, I was just uploading the pics I took on my phone to the pc, took a while.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 176
and finally some poser pictures, taken before and after the night out, got a lot of attention from other people, some thought I was a robot, some thought I was something from Warhammer 40k but a few die hard fans knew who I was and wanted pictures taken with me, Including two police officers who I thought were going to take my sidearm off me :lol but whats a judge without his lawgiver !!

Attachments

• IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
This costume is the first I've ever made, usually I go out and buy a costume from a shop but this was the first time I've had a go myself, I've studied art and design at university and I like to think I have a Good eye for detail, so I was able to apply it to the costume, the most time consuming part was the helmet as it took me ages to make and used up my own body weight in car body filler haha, but having said that I think it could now possibly stop a real bullet, the visor I used a grade 5 welding mask and cut down to size, the armour was built out of a old camping mat and attached on top of a motorcross jacket, I used the rest of the foam to make the shoulders the knee and elbow pads and belt buckle, the gun was a old playstation light gun taken apart and customised, used a 9 volt battery to keep the LED's on, very effective when walking around at night.

the challenges were tough and sometimes I just wanted to give up, but i'm glad I didnt, Im so happy with the end results, and so were the people of leeds :)

Proof Pic is bad quality as I had to take it myself on my phone :( sorry

Attachments

• IMG_1769.JPG
    IMG_1769.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 233
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back