Iron Man Mark VI Suit

Emporer Bane 15

Hello, My name is Emporer Bane, I am new to these forums, but I have been browsing around on here for a few months.

4 months ago, I stumbled upon Stealth's YouTube tutorials on how to build a costume out of foam, and I was awed. I proceded to build my own for halloween 2012. I have been working on it ever since, but I finished only a few days ago. I like to say that good things take the longest time, and this was no exception. I am very proud of how it turned out. I realize it is nothing compared to the suits that have been previously made, but I am just suprised with how well it turned out, being it my first attempt.

a9mvd4.jpg
[/IMG]
25slzqr.jpg

2py6anb.jpg[

As I said, this is my first suit, so please be light with criticism.

Last edited:
For a first build it's pretty damn good, and you should be proud of yourself. As for my point on criticism, I think where it suffers is the glue oozing through your seams. Next build try to keep it on the inside, but I'm sure you learned a lot from this first build and for a first try you did a phenomenal job. Keep it up!

Well done, the colours you chose look great and the proportions of the suit seem to work well.

As above it was just let down by the glue being visible and in a couple of places where the seams arent joined quite right, like between the ribs and abs, and the top of the helmet to the sides of the helmet.

If you take a look at my build below you can kind of see how these edges are supposed to join up.

Hope you tackle another suit though because it will be even better than the first one. :cool

Yeah, the majority of the parts I went EXTREMLY glue happy :facepalm
As for the helmet, it gave me quite a hard time... around 14 hours was put into that alone... I went through maybe 3 or 4 helmets... somthing like that. But any way i just settled for this one (it was the most accurate I made)
Thanks for all the tips for the next suit! I am actually helping my friend make a War Machine build... so far its comming out ALOT better

The suit looks really good man.you should be very proud of it for your first build.my first foam build didn't turn out good at all.so now I'm attempting it agin but I'm doing it out of plastic and I'm going to free hand it all.i have some parts already done and I'll be putting a thread up as soon as I get some pics uploaded.

Thanks,dano233

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back