Dredd 3D Belt Gear - NEW PICS PG 2

Am certainly interested in the leather kit pieces, do you know if he'd ship to the UK? am will to pay shipping/airmail costs .
I'd appreciate full details please

my best regards,

propsjonnyb

Fantastic work, again. Hmmmm. The open pouch (is that the mine holder?) looks verrrry like our old 'cuff pouches, from back when we had decent leather jobs. I think I might have one or two of those, in an old kitbag somewhere.

And, inspired by this possible adapting of existing kit (which I would never have considered before), I'm looking at some old PSU kit, which I bought for personal use many years ago. The knee pads might be adaptable and the right size for the shoulders on the 2012 juniform, and similarly the elbow pads should be able to be used for elbow. The remaining shin, thigh and forearm guards wll take some looking at, to see what I can do with those.

Meantime, my second helmet build has just started. My first was the classic Dillon helmet, started with a papier mache/cardboard shell, over which I used resin to reinforce, inside and out. An old motorcycle helmet provided the visor. Unfortunately, I must have made just slightly it too big, as when I went to fix on the helmet badge (bought as a cold cast piece on eBay), it was too small. Looks odd and needs fixing, but I'm determined to get this one (the 2012 helm) bang on.

The help and inspiration available here, after nearly two years of struggling in ignorance with RP kit, is breathtaking! Thanks to all of you who contribute. It's fantastic to see all these amazing pieces, which inspire me to work harder and make my own kit.

Bonanza:
The handle on the Bokers were painted to match the green color of the gas grenade, flash bang stun grenades, entry charge, and med-kit.
I may ba a bit slow today, but, the handles were painted green for the movie? is that confirmed?
best regards,
Pablo/augofett

Bonanza:

I may ba a bit slow today, but, the handles were painted green for the movie? is that confirmed?
best regards,
Pablo/augofett

Yes, check out the original Dredd movie (2012) costume parts thread here:

http://www.therpf.com/f71/dredd-movie-2012-costume-parts-identification-151136/index7.html

The reference images in the second post of page 7 provided by paulcarson. It clearly shows an actor on a Lawmaster with the Boker knife painted to match the rest of the equipment.

Bonanza:
The reference images in the second post of page 7 provided by paulcarson. It clearly shows an actor on a Lawmaster with the Boker knife painted to match the rest of the equipment.
In the first picture crop the Boker handle looks more dark gray than green. In the second, also the belt is green. I think that most of the time the handle seems green because of the effect of lighting/picture coloring.
I was really asking if the green painted handle was observed from an actual screen used knife.

paulcarson,
that´s completely true, but:
Looks black here
Kap001a_wm_a_zpsf6c83849.jpg

here
01_2_a_zps1a8f628f.jpg

and here
Judge-Tactical-Knife_zpsadcb6e63.jpg

among other pictures/captures.
I don´t really now. I will keep it black for now.
I took the captures from the forum, and thank the original posters.

I asked the etsy seller what the wait time was (because it listed as 10 available or something like that) and he confirmed that it was something like a 10 week wait.

Will you be doing a run of these. If so please pm me with prices for one set and six sets.

The OP is not the one that made the pieces. You can order them from the maker's FB page (see the Dredd Dragon Con group on FB). There is currently at least a 10-week wait for a set due to Dragon Con coming up... and I think they cost around 140-ish per set.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back