Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

Doctor Octoroc

Sr Member
Here's my Spike costume, along with my girlfriend cosplaying Faye Valentine and our dog appropriately named Einstein (as well as a friend's Corgi, named Nana). This was our cosplay for the first two days of Otakon this year.

The suit was a $14 thrift store buy that I altered myself, but the girlfriend tailored the pants to fit as tight as they should. She made her Faye costume. Sorry, no pics of the jacket, it gets way hot in Baltimore during August! I got the wig at an urban wig store for woman, haha.
561146_10151059948260772_324459292_n.jpg

And another one in the dealer's room.
373948_10151059948290772_1016541108_n.jpg

Great costumes! I would love to see a Vicious one.

Where did you get that wig?
Oddly enough, there wasn't a single Vicious cosplay at the entire con. The Cowboy Bebop photo shoot consisted of 4 Spikes, 4 Fayes, 3 Julias, 1 Ein (a human girl dressed as Ein, that is) and 5 Eds. There was also a guy dressed as the mushroom dealer from the "Mushroom Samba" episode, haha.

I forget the name of the store, but the wig I got initially wasn't working out so I found a wig store a few blocks north of the convention center, across from Lexington Market. Here's another picture of us with Einstein and me wearing the first wig, which is actually a child's Michael Jackson wig worn backwards.

558400_10151050369730772_1705486395_n.jpg

Great costume, and cute corgis. Did they allow the pups in the con?
No, it wasn't a dog friendly con, but if they had, we probably wouldn't have made it that far. It took us an hour to walk one block through con people with everyone wanting to take pictures. People loved those Corgis. Once every 10 minutes, an Ed cosplayer would scream "Ein Ein!" and run over for a photo.

Thanks! This is the second time I've cosplayed Spike. The first time I had real hair and the costume wasn't quite as good all around (including the pants being too big). Here's a shot of that one (with the ex girlfriend as well, lol).

l.jpg

New shoes, appropriate wig, slimmer pants, a real live Corgi names Einstein, and the addition of Faye. I'd say that's a vast improvement! Not that my ex's Kyoko cosplay was bad...

Super awesome, everything looks great! I've been wanting to do a Spike cosplay for a while now, I've been told quite a few times that I resemble the character, plus Bebop remains to be my all-time favorite anime. You've resparked my interest in creating this cosplay!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back