ILM Vader Chest box, Belt Buckle and Belt Boxes

postmortem01

Vader had a lightsaber, I had a tape measure.....

Hope this helps for measurement.

ILM_CHEST_BOX02.jpg

ILM_CHEST_BOX01.jpg

ILM_BELT_BUCKLE02.jpg

ILM_BELT_BUCKLE01.jpg

ILM_BELT_BOX03.jpg

ILM_BELT_BOX02.jpg

ILM_BELT_BOX01.jpg

Great Stuff... Thank you..

I'm not even close to being a "Vader Guy" but I know you've made a lot of peoples day.

I am a fabric geek and I didn't know that the inner robe was wool crepe.? Interesting.

I'm sure it's been gone over a million times but the insert in the belt box looks like reinforced vacuum pump tubing to me.

Great photos and thanks again for sharing.

All the best,
Chuck...

None of that vader stuff is screen used.
The belt, boxes, buckle, aren't even close to anything that was used in the films.
The chestbox has some aspects that are correct, but has been modified in a lot of areas (for who knows what reason) so that it now doesn't match up to a screen used box.
Inner robe, armor, leather suit are all repro and not film accurate.

Just wanted to let people know that this stuff wasn't definitive to what was used in the films.

Ya I was thinking that as well...but do you think at least that the dimensions should be on par? I would think so...maybe not the belt buckle but the chestbox and beltboxes look reasonable...

Is that the Vader in the hallway at ILM on Kerner? The chest armor on that one is just about the same as GT. Notice that it seems to be vaccuformed.

Cool stuff though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord @ Nov 21 2006, 01:58 AM) [snapback]1362498[/snapback]</div>
Ya I was thinking that as well...but do you think at least that the dimensions should be on par? I would think so...maybe not the belt buckle but the chestbox and beltboxes look reasonable...
[/b]

Definitely not on both counts.
ESPECIALLY the belt boxes and their components.

It may not be screen-used, but I still wanted to give you a big thanks for taking the time to do that and post the pics here for us. Just the fact it's from ILM is interesting enough to me.

Agreed, these pieces are not screen used and are most likely much smaller in size if they were derived from original castings. Some of the pieces were never seen on screen in any way shape or form.....ie.....the belt box lights and knobs......way off. That belt buckle looks pretty hideous all by itself. I commend you for getting the measurements of the "promotional" pieces however. That must have been alot of red tape to crawl thru.

Sithlord, that one Top pic of the belt boxes makes them appear to be of the plastic enclosure variety.....whereas the original boxes were metal. Not even made by the same company if I recall.

Dave :)

Nice pictures thanks for sharing :) I'm no vader expert and i must say it certainly does not look to be screen used, but it is still cool to see stuff produces by ILM. I met Dave Prowse the weekend before last and we talked about promotional outings and personal appearences as vader. He told me that after Star Wars came out he did around four personal appearences dressed up as our favourite sith lord until they realised they could pay a nobody a lot less to dress up for a few hours and still please the fans. After this they made several suits and vader could be all over the place at once, great for tight schedules.. Anyway i guess everyone already knew that. I would say this is prob one of those suits, all the same its still nice to see it up close with a tape measure.

Thanks for sharing the pics, screen-used or not. I picked up on the "three LED" and the buckle, but am fascinated that the white piano keys on the chest appear to be aqua? Very interesting stuff and I commend you for your measurements.

Thanks very much for sharing those pics, screen used or not, it's a kind gesture and very much appreciated. :)

Someone should contact LFL with info on how they could upgrade their Vader, obviously it's a WIP.

Cheers,

Kraig

Edit- Spelling :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yakcam @ Nov 21 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1363001[/snapback]</div>
Someone should contact LFL with info on how they could upgrade their Vader, obviously it's a WIP.
[/b]

:lol :lol

Sad but true, its just not much of a replica if they are going for screen accurate. But this shows why the costume changes so much between films, clearly the prop guys thought close was good enough. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back