MK - Scorpions Mask and Shoulder Pads

Twisted6

Im still new here but this is my first project to test out foam and bondo.

1: I had a paint ball mask just sitting around the house and went to home depot to buy the foam "great stuff"

Picture086.jpg

2: Laid it on to cure for about 8 hrs. I let it cure that long because i didn't know what to expect out of this stuff.

Picture087.jpg

3: Shoulder Pads: I used a high grade of Window Screen I find them very easy to form to the shape and size you want, if you think you made a mistake you can easily cut it.

Picture088.jpg

4: Foam:{NOTE} when spraying the foam don't forget to tie some thread at the bottom so you don't loose the shape that you formed out of the screen. It gets heavy :D

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

5.) I forgot to upload pix of cutting up the foam :thumbsdown

6:) Bondo Mask: Yes I know I Caked it on but i did it on purpose and you will see why after this weekend. This is the last thing i did to this mask and shoulder pad.

Picture091.jpg

Let me know what you think....of the process thanks!

Looking forward to seeing more!! What do you cut the foam off with?

Thanks!! I forgot what they are called but it looks like a box cutter..but the blade comes out longer, you can find them at walmart, target, home depot, hardware store. (make sure you get the spare blades because after cutting the foam of 10 mins the blades goes dull)

I want to see more ...!!:cool

Sorry for the delay in the middle of moving so all my stuff were...well.. i should say it didn't go so well..and i might have to start over because apparently my dog thought that a bondo mask was his new chew toy...SMH!..

So i decided to make a mask for a friend the same way but he requested to have it "Rusted/Beat up" look to it so I made the following same process as above but just a different shade. I applied the bondo the best i can without having it smooth yet still hold the figure..I think it came out great!

4_zpse6dc7a19.jpg

5_zps0646c439.jpg

3_zpsef95d77d.jpg

2_zps3e6ce4c8.jpg

Close enough LOL was in a rush for the Halloween party..didn't have time to finish the rest of the out fit..SMH..LOL

h.jpg

The misses and I
561909_3607673002914_608189642_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back