Jurassic Park props.

CTF

Sr Member
I've been re-watching the Jurassic Park trilogy lately, mainly Jurassic Park and The Lost World, as I prefer them to the third. (Actually, I've only watched JP3 a couple of times since I brought it.) Jurassic Park might just be my favourite movie of all time. - Yup, even more so than any of the OT. I first saw it when I was 12 on opening day here in NZ, everyone knew what to expect as way back in the day a NZ release was at least a month behind everywhere else. :unsure Anyway, it is one of the only films that has really made me go 'Woah.' in the cinema. The first was ROTJ when I was a youngster (I can only remember bits and pieces), then T2. (I still have no idea how a 10 year old got into that. :p) I'm a Spielberg nut anyway, but I really love this film, so I'm interested in getting some props from it.

I'm only really after the Cryo-can, Hammond's cane and the tour brochure. I'm pretty sure Rylo made the first two, and Ash Frank made the JP tour brochure, is this right? I'm sure (but I could be wrong) that I've seen two versions of the brochure... Anyone?

Are there any other cool props out there? I see a Raptor claw on eBay from time to time. Is there anything sourced from original JP props?

Thanks.

Originally posted by CTF@Nov 17 2005, 07:51 PM
I've been re-watching the Jurassic Park trilogy lately, mainly Jurassic Park and The Lost World, as I prefer them to the third. (Actually, I've only watched JP3 a couple of times since I brought it.) Jurassic Park might just be my favourite movie of all time. - Yup, even more so than any of the OT. I first saw it when I was 12 on opening day here in NZ, everyone knew what to expect as way back in the day a NZ release was at least a month behind everywhere else. :-\ Anyway, it is one of the only films that has really made me go 'Woah.' in the cinema. The first was ROTJ when I was a youngster (I can only remember bits and pieces), then T2. (I still have no idea how a 10 year old got into that. :p) I'm a Spielberg nut anyway, but I really love this film, so I'm interested in getting some props from it.

I'm only really after the Cryo-can, Hammond's cane and the tour brochure. I'm pretty sure Rylo made the first two, and Ash Frank made the JP tour brochure, is this right? I'm sure (but I could be wrong) that I've seen two versions of the brochure... Anyone?

Are there any other cool props out there? I see a Raptor claw on eBay from time to time. Is there anything sourced from original JP props?

Thanks.
[snapback]1118375[/snapback]​

You are correct on the Rylo props as well as the Ashfrank brochure. As for others? I've seen a nice JP Hardhat circulating and someone was attempting to recreate the JP NVGs but nothing came of it. I'm sure there are a few others but I can't recall them.

There is the radio. The battery is too large on mine, but it was the best I could do on a budget.

jpradio.jpg

There were licensed wall-mounted Velociraptor heads a few years back, but I can't recall who produced them. Illusive Concepts? Ruby's? Don Post?

Of course there are some nice scale dino statues floating around, some are priced only for the rich...

Then you have the Spas 12 that Robert Muldoon carried...

collcard_front.jpg

Somebody really needs to make a good night vision goggles replica.

- Gabe

Cool, very quick replies. :D

I've shot a couple of people some PM's...

I was just looking at the vehicle ID tags in that thread, very cool.

OK, I may sound like a n0oB here, but what's an NVG? :angel

I can't find any info on the raptor heads that Gabe mentioned? I'm curious... Anyone?

I'd love to see some pics of the SS dinos, I'll have a look in the other board, but please post some pics if you have 'em.

Chur.

Yes, the Franchi SPAS-12. Gotta love that one. This gun has been used in so many films its not funny. Terminator, Aliens [well, parts of it], JP, just to name a few.

Here is my meager collection :)

I've got a helmet, brochure, and Cyrocan...

[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/DSCF0204.jpg[/image]
[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/DSCF0207.JPG[/image]

-Jay

Icons made the Raptor Claw & Egg years back.

And it was a independant artist Joe Malys who did the Raptor bust. Saw it at a show a few years ago.......It was made to look like it was breaking through a wall complete with a companion claw piece to be mounted a couple feet away from the head.

Hey. I found IT on Ebay.. (I feel like the new commercial) :p

Bill P.

Woah. There is some real nice stuff in people's collections, especially you Allosaur.

So are the Horizon kits directly from the ILM/SWS maquettes?

And thanks for the PM's, replied to all. :)

Originally posted by CTF@Nov 18 2005, 11:24 PM
Woah. There is some real nice stuff in people's collections, especially you Allosaur.

[snapback]1118964[/snapback]​

Thanks alot... I still have afew items I have yet to take pics of, Hammond's Cane, the JP brochure and a screen used Rex tooth from JP

Originally posted by CTF@Nov 18 2005, 10:24 PM
So are the Horizon kits directly from the ILM/SWS maquettes?

Yes, they are direct casts from the ILM/SWS maquettes.
I remember that being a big deal about these when they came out 12 years ago.
Lynn

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back