Aircraft from Crimson Skies...

Prop-Maker

I really dig this game. The fighters are cool, it's very WWII-ish, just cool. But the aircraft in the game are like nothing out there. Has anyone attempted to make a mondel kit based on one of these planes? I think a lot of kitbashing would be involved. Especially the last one... the best bet would be a P-40 Warhawk conversion. Here are some pics of a couple of available aircraft from "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge".

"Devastator"
devastator0ma.png

devastatorii3mw.png

"Desert Fox"
p40lookalike2qe.png

p40lookalikeii0qs.png

I have been thinking about some Crimson Skies conversions ever since i got the first vid game. I agree the designs are second to none.
Now that i'm in a slightly bigger place maybe I'll tackle one :)

Love the game, love the designs. Never thought about 'bashing models of 'em.

Now ya got me thinking, ya bastid. :lol

For the Devastator, I'd start looking into a kitbash of a P-47D Thunderbolt bubbletop and an F4U Corsair for the lower wings.

The Desert Fox looks like it can be built from a P-51B. Or, a body of a P-40B and the wings of a P-51.

-Fred

I have been thinking about some Crimson Skies conversions ever since i got the first vid game. I agree the designs are second to none.
I love the Crimson Skies universe and I'm proud I got to be a part of it...

This page has some of the box art I did for the miniatures game from WizKids... I need to update it, tho, as I did a lot of animation for the original PC game, but I don't have any of that online... yet... :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back