cfk's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

cfk

First things first, this build is for my 7 year old son who told me that he wanted to buy a Boba Fett costume after we finished watching Star Wars together this past Spring. I was decidedly unimpressed with the costumes available online but stumbled upon this site and thedentedhelmet.com and decided to try to build my first costume. It has taken a great deal of time working at it for an hour or two at a time, but I have definitely learned a lot and have really enjoyed having a hobby that is more than just home repair...

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy the pictures.

Edit: If you don't want to scroll through to the end, here is a picture of the finished product. Picture taken by our neighbor who is a real pro. Check out her photos at capture the moment

Last edited:
Armor Progression
The armor is from a 13 gallon Sterilite Trashcan with rounded sides using Wizard of Flight's templates from TDH. I primed the armor before painting and because of the trashcan' shape heating was not needed to achieve a decent shape. I used Spruce Green as the base color and followed RafalFett's excellent templates as a guide for damaging the armor and hand painting the chest logo and shoulder logo.

The Vest was sewn from a Home Depot Canvas Dropcloth.
The Jacket was a clearance purchase from Target and subsequently dyed grey

Last edited:
Gauntlets

The gauntlets are a pepakura build from Fierfek's files. For the papercrafting I used 110# card stock and gel type super glue I then coated it with 2 coats of fiberglass resin and for the gauntlets, I reinforced the underside with fiberglass cloth

I had not discussed with my son which version of costume he wanted until he drew a picture depicting the ROTJ style gauntlets so needless to say I had to do some additional weathering and painting.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a Boba Fett and Star Wars themed birthday this summer here are some pictures of his cake, the pinata and the Don Post I had replaced the visor, but not the broken stalk...

Test fit, so far everything is on track. ataching the Jet pack is the next order of business. The addition of the LED's to the left gauntlet has this mini-Fett excited to go collect some bounties...

Wookies Braids are made from jute, the belt that you can't really see was made by gluing craft cord together and painting it. the boots are almost finished and the gloves are drying. On my way out of town, so pictures of the jet pack will have to wait. For now here is the current status of the build.

Here are some pictures of the jet pack. The costume is pretty much finished and I will post a picture in the contest gallery and here of Boba in action hopefully collecting lots of treats...

Here are some pictures of the jet pack. The costume is pretty much finished and I will post a picture in the contest gallery and here of Boba in action hopefully collecting lots of treats...

Don't forget the proof pic too! :thumbsup

Was waiting on pictures taken by a neighbor. I will just add them to the build thread. I posted his proof picture in the gallery. Thanks for the reminder.

This entry is complete. :thumbsup

If you get better pics by 10pm PST you can click on your photo, click "edit" and change it if you like.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back