Sleepy Hollow - Van Tassel/ Van Garrett Family Tree WIP

Rymo

Sr Member
Just in time for Halloween, here's a sneak peek of the current project I'm working on. It's a screen-accurate recreation of the Van Tassel/ Van Garrett family tree from Sleepy Hollow.

I combined screenshots from the blu-ray to form an accurate layout of the tree. I'm hand-drawing all of the elements in PS using my Waacom, and then I'm going to print it out on weathered stock. I have the text almost done, and then I'm going to start on the tree drawing in the background.

The WIP Photoshop sample below is shown at 50% resolution. The full size image is 600dpi, so I should get a really nice print from it.

tree_watermark_by_paperpropsfan-d5i2tjk.png

Here's the film version for comparison:
tree_small_by_paperpropsfan-d5i2s3k.png

Last edited:
It's a prop I've been wanting to make for a while. I haven't seen anyone else here try to tackle it, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. It's just so time consuming because of all of the handwriting.

How awesome! I've been wanting to create and customize a family tree for myself identical to the Sleepy Hollow version, based on some ancestry searches I've been doing. I have the calligraphy skills, but I don't have the technical/artistic expertise to recreate the red tree in the background of the image. If you have completed this project please let me know- after years of searching you might be the only one who can help me with this! Thanks, and hope to see an update of the project or hear back from you soon!!

How awesome! I've been wanting to create and customize a family tree for myself identical to the Sleepy Hollow version, based on some ancestry searches I've been doing. I have the calligraphy skills, but I don't have the technical/artistic expertise to recreate the red tree in the background of the image. If you have completed this project please let me know- after years of searching you might be the only one who can help me with this! Thanks, and hope to see an update of the project or hear back from you soon!!
Honestly, I still haven't finished this project yet. I took a break from it a few years ago and never resumed work on it. Maybe one of these days I'll dust this project off and finish it. Unfortunately, the only part I still need to finish is the tree drawing in the background. Sorry I can't be of more assistance to you.

Honestly, I still haven't finished this project yet. I took a break from it a few years ago and never resumed work on it. Maybe one of these days I'll dust this project off and finish it. Unfortunately, the only part I still need to finish is the tree drawing in the background. Sorry I can't be of more assistance to you.

Rymo I just wanted to let you know that, since our last messages, I've gone ahead and completed my own version of this tree (first by hand, then vectorized and tweaked in Adobe Illustrator). I've filled it in with text that includes my own lineage information, but the elements are layered so I can separate them if necessary [see attached]. Let me know if you'd like any of these files in .ai or other formats, since I know you're working on one of your own. Hope all is well!

Attachments

• Womeldorf Family Tree Final.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 233
  • Family Tree Background Final.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 183
Rymo I just wanted to let you know that, since our last messages, I've gone ahead and completed my own version of this tree (first by hand, then vectorized and tweaked in Adobe Illustrator). I've filled it in with text that includes my own lineage information, but the elements are layered so I can separate them if necessary [see attached]. Let me know if you'd like any of these files in .ai or other formats, since I know you're working on one of your own. Hope all is well!
Woah! Yours looks amazing! Great job! I honestly haven’t worked on mine for a few years, but your work may inspire me to go back and finish it!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back