Weeping angel costume - WIP

Al1x

Hi, I thought I'd start a WIP thread for how I will make this costume.. no doubt i'll be asking for help too :)

I saw Penwiper's Weeping Angel costume and thought it was excellent and perfect for our Halloween party.. if mine comes out half as good i will be really happy!

So far I have ordered some grey fabric for the dress. I tried painting grey onto an old sheet we no longer want but the colour showed through too much so thinking it would be easier to start with a grey material. Hopefully that will be here in the next few days.

I have attempted to make a paper mache mask. I've done a few layers so waiting for that to dry to see if it will actually work or not before i actually sculpt a face on it.

Thats all I have done so far. Will hopefully make a start on the wings later if i can find something to make them from. I pave plenty of cardboard but not sure if that will be good enough!

Would normal house paint be alright to paint on fabric? just remembered i have some in the garage! I was going to use acrylic or poster paint but it would save a bit of cash if i can use the old stuff i have.

well I have kinda finished my mask and 'hair' and they have been painted grey (I have to get the pictures off my camera)

last night I made my dress, its come out pretty good but I think it makes me look fat haha I have no time to alter it as I need to make my wings still and I'm running out of time - The party is tomorrow night :s

I have cut wing shapes out of cardboard so just need to work out a way of attaching them to myself and then I can paint them and make them look good (I wish I hadn't left it till the last minute!)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back