Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Ricks Restorations

CaptainDave1701

I enjoy watching the programs Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Ricks Restorations. One thing that I have noticed is that there have been from time to time a piece that comes into the pawn shop or something that is picked that makes it's way into the restoration shop for repair and restoration. I am wondering if these three programs work together to move items in some way as it is just a little too coincidental sometime.

On a different note from what I have read on the web Rick's Restorations was going to be contacted to look at restoring the Galileo Shuttlecraft that was recently bought at auction. I have been following the project on Facebook but there have been no recent developments. From what I see on the show the restoration team at Rick's can restore just about anything.

Anyway, has anyone out there anything on the three programs? I would imagine The History Channel gets a cut as well. Also, I think that Rick's Restorations would do a great job on the shuttlecraft and it could be documented on the show in regards to it's restoration.

Ricks restorations got its on show because of Pawn Stars. Pawn Stars would feature Rick many times to restore items, so history channel gave him his own show, same with Count's Kustoms.

Pawn Stars was great when it first started but sadly it has gone the way of being 100% scripted. 95% of the time, the items being pawned really aren't. They are friends of friends, or people who agree to be on the show to sell their item but once its done filming the item is given back to the customer.

The only pawn show that isn't fully scripted *yet (and its only a matter of time) is hardcore pawn.

I agree that Pawn Stars is scripted but it's fun to see the contests between Rich, Corey, and Chumlee.

Rick's book is a good read if you like Pawn Stars and it's humble beginnings.

I love American Restoration (I assume that's what you mean by Rick's Restoration), but I have been done with Pawn Stars for quite some time now.

I've noticed that also. Items get picked then I see someone pawning it in another show. Think one item I remember was a confederate belt buckle with a lead bullet stuck in it. Was on pickers then pawned. I watch them for entertainment time to time but that's about it. Kinda got tired of seeing basically the same items all the time.

Like most reality TV I watched one episode of Pawn Stars and asked myself "what the hell are you doing?" and turned the TV off. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back