Silicone Mask-how to ???

Greg Austin

I hear that all the people making silicone mask are using some kind of fabric around the eyes and mouth so they dont rip so easy.

My question is what are they using ??? where can you find it ???

Any help please,

Thank you so much

Any sort of 4-way stretch mesh will work. Personally I am using a polyester 4 way stretch mesh material, and I embed it into the masks while I'm casting. Most fabric stores have it.

Lightweight Pale NUDE MESH 4-way Stretch 100% Polyester. This the right stuff? It's on eBay very cheap just wanted to make sure I'm getting the right stuff. Thanks for the info.

Anyone have a tut/video on how to use it? Do I just put it down when pouring the silicon? Or would you glue it on afterwards?

You can either sew a "hood" like Immortal Masks does it (as seen in the video above) or you can cut 2-3 inch wide strips of it and lay it over the core after "painting" it with silicone (make sure to have overlapping edges in the fabric a bit). Once the silicone has firmed up (but not fully cured) you can go ahead at assemble the mold and pour or inject the silicone into your mold.

It should be noted also that the cores shown in the Tested video are not the cores Immortal Masks uses for casting their masks. They have special custom cores (that are exclusive to them) that they use for this. The cores seen in the video are recast CFX Joe forms that they use only for painting. You can see glimpses of the true cores in mold pics on both Immortal's and Frank Ippolito's Instagram pages. But they are very careful never to show the face of the core.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back