Red Hood and the Outlaws, New 52 Costume/Help

grksinner

Hey everyone, been a lurker for some time, decided to make the Red Hood costume from the new series with a little armored arkham touch

34efeab.jpg

I need to shape everything up, and hot glue the plates on.

Not sure where i should go from there. Should I throw some resin / fiberglass on and sand it smooth and paint.

Or

Put some coats of latex on it? (more Flexibility )

or (suggestions welcomed)

As for the mask I recently bought BlackKaos's Red hood/outlaw file.
It seems daunting to start putting it together, any advice?

You should check out some other members foam costume builds. I'm not very experienced with foam but I don't think you can put fiberglass on it and sand it down because once you put fiberglass on it and start sanding it will still be foam underneath. I think that most people coat it with PVA glue or something like that and another member had figured out you can coat it will polyurethane resin to make it plastic on the surface after PVA.

The pep file is fairly simple compared to other pep files to assemble. I pepped the file myself and just started cutting pieces and used hot glue to put them together.

The majority of that helmet is pretty simple to get together. The eyes are tricky, if 1 of them is even a little out of true it warps the whole face bit.

I've seen people use about 4-5 coats of PVA glue then coat it in Plasti Dip. Then they just paint it. You can also check Stealth's tutorial videos on foam building for some tips and tricks. Looks good so far and very original with that armor.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back