Star Trek TOS Gorn

The original costume display includes a replica head, and that one DOES seem to be another cast of an original head... but it's squashed in different directions, the mouth is opened more... plus the way it's been painted, it looks like ass. :rolleyes

casting-vs-SFXoriginaltunicdisplay-replicahead.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know about all those shag fibers coming off... the original didn't have them, painting on top of that would be a challenge I think. plus the fibers would tend to fall off constantly I should think, making a mess.

Some other sort of sparkly metallic gold fabric should work though...

k

One of the costumes ended up in the collection of Cinefantatique editor Frederick Clarke. Unfortunately his cats urinated all over it, plus it rotted over time.

:cry :cry :sick :sick :facepalm :facepalm

Why does this stuff land in the ownership or control of doltish people who seem to have no clue. $30,000 for a cat urine soaked rotted rubber head/mask ?????? I can only immagine and wish about if someone used their heads and protected the whole suit and head... $$$$$$$$$.

I think it is just the use of bigger teeth that is throwing it off, I liked the Original skinner teeth better.

The bigger teeth make them look unusable especially since the gorn cannot open his mouth to use them......:)

The shape of the head is spot on, tho some shrinkage has occurred in the foam rubber mask this was cast from. For instance the brow ridges have receded a bit, and the sides of the mouth are sunken a little.

Teeth are too big and to far toward the outer edge of the lips. Eye balls are probably a bit too large in diameter, and ought to be mounted from within the mask.

These are but minor quibbles. :D

gorn-lighting-teeth-test.jpg

k

Someone mentioned the use of Shower Curtains of the era being used in lots of the Costuming during the run of TOS?

I heard the orange "environment suits" worn by Spock and Tormolen in the early first season episode "The Naked Time" were made of shower curtain material. Dunno about other instances though.

nakedtimeEVsuits.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know about all those shag fibers coming off... the original didn't have them, painting on top of that would be a challenge I think. plus the fibers would tend to fall off constantly I should think, making a mess.

Some other sort of sparkly metallic gold fabric should work though...

Anyone else have ideas or leads on where the original Gorn tunic fabric could have come from? Does anyone on RPF own the original (from that last auction)? If someone atleast knew it came from a shower curtain, or drapery, or whatever it would help my late-night tunic searches .. :D

LeChuck

I know this is a really old thread but, I'm looking for a Gorn mask and hopefully the fabic or a whole suit. Can someone help with this?
thx
JTKirk

Boy.....I have not been on this thread for a couple of years. I actually forgot that it existed. I still have the moR102.pngld for the Gorn head. As a matter of fact, I made a complete costume.

I can still make copies of the Gorn bust if anyone wants one. Either hard plastic or cold foam. Just contact me if you're interested.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back