Walking Dead .357 Magnum Colt Python Replica

Big Trifi

I am putting togeather my Walking Dead Rick Grimes costume and Have just finished up with replicateing his Colt Python. It is pretty much an exact replica other than the shape of the grips (which would have costed me an extra $36 to buy another gun just for the grips) and the grip color which led me to paint them. Anyways I think it turned out pretty good... Just wondering what the RPF community thought of it!

Picture order:

1) Ricks Actual Gun Used in the show
2) Airsoft gun I purchased online Before any changes
3) Gun with Grips taken off
4) Grips being painted
5) Gun in hand with grips on after paint
6) Extra shot showing gun with plastic BB shells and Actual .357 Magnum shells both next to gun and in the cylinder

(EXTRA INFO): If attempting this be shure to use PLASTIC Spray Paint ment for lawn furniture and other plastic materials or else you will end up with runs/drips in the paint; Also be shure to tape over gold emblum on handle; Use Extreme Caution when un-screwing & removeing grips, there are little tabs holding it togeather that CAN and WILL Break off very easy. And Finaly I decided to keep the orange tip on my gun for safety and legal reasons as I will be carrying it around with my costume and wouldnt want to get into any trouble but if you so choose to remove it you can pull it off quite easyly with a pair of needle nose plyers.

Looks pretty nice. What I have done in the past is I bought some cheaper real grips and frankenstein'd them on there.

Thanks... I looked for some other grips, both real and off of other airsoft guns but they were either a little off or just wouldnt fit. I figured this would be an easy & inexpensive way to get a fairly close replica

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back