The Peanuts Movie (Post-release)

Re: PEANUTS Movie by Blue Sky Studios

I'm betting the religious side of the old comics will be thrown out the door. Not PC I guess. Not that it was a religious strip but Linus was ALWAYS quoting scripture. And many many of the old strips were Christmas oriented and always had religious wit. The animated Christmas special is quoted almost 100% from the strips. I remember even as a kid watching it, I could go straight to my Peanuts books and find almost every line in it. The only part that is changed is when Charlie Brown is giving his pep talk to the actors of the Christmas play. This bit was originally him giving a pep talk to his baseball players. It's almost word for word except every reference to baseball has been changed into acting references.......Seems Schulz plagiarised himself there.

Will it make you want to slit your wrists like the old movies and specials?

So obviously it is just the same ol' Snoopy from the previous animation work. Squeeky and stupid. I just can't understand why they just throw out all the Snoopy stuff from the strip.

Star Wars is gonna have to be REALLY good to beat out this one.............................

.... Sorry this just looks kinda boring. I don't even think my kids will want to see that one.

I grew up reading and watching Peanuts like a lot of kids in the seventies.
Hell every other birthday card I got growing up
had Snoopy on it.
Seems to look respectful and Snoopy of course is almost everyone's favorite.
I'm sure they will dig into Chuck Brown's morosity, Lucy being the total b... uh, you know what.

But as usual I'll wait for reviews.

Peanuts Movie Poster.

B3YaiETCQAAixnZ.jpg:large

Lucy

Should say...

B**** with a capital B!

Ok maybe not, for kids yeah, I know.

Sorry, she is, she so is. I hope they don't water that down, it's insanely endearing.

I think the Peanuts movies are remembered fondly by people who were children when the movies first aired on TV. Each successive generation had their own version to adore. Only the Charlie Brown Christmas Special crosses every generation and includes almost everyone. This new one will be adopted by today's children, just like the older ones did. I will see it, even if I'm decidedly not a "children" anymore.

They showed a trailer when I took the kids to see Spongebob last weekend. Was more exciting than the movie.

My mom collects Peanuts stuff. I hope I get to see this movie with her.

It's blocked.

I thought Pulse died? Why link me to another part of the site? Just post the link to the video in the thread. Nobody wants to go to six different places to find information.

Yeah looks like Fox is blocking all the youtube versions, since it's officially only on iTunes. We have embedded that one now.

Pulse returned couple of weeks ago.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back