DIY - Helmet Stand 5000 - Cheap and Awesome

bluerealm

While working on my Dredd helmet I needed a stand to use to take some good pictures. While walking around walmart I found some items that combined worked great.

Its a quick and easy solution for displaying helmets. I bet it would look pretty good in one of those ikea glass shelves.

I thought I would share how I built my stand and how you can too.

Things you'll need:

Item: 087521700197
Item: 007644069590

Tools:
Drill
7/32 Drill Bit
Band Saw or Hack Saw
Dremel or File
Screw Driver
Pliers
Elbow Grease

super sweet! looks awesome for so little effort and $$$.. thanks for posting that idea... gonna do that for my stormy bucket! Great video by the way! :)

I have a feeling that once I finish getting a Rocketeer helmet together, I'll be paying a trip to Walmart for some kitchen supplies...

Great helmet stand. You were suggesting plaster - I might put a little lead shot into the base too, to weigh it down, but most helmets don't seem to be heavy enough to worry about.

Thanks guys! I hope it helps.. I want to see pictures of some finished ones show up on this thread. I like it when I find little kit bash projects like this.

-Devin

Pure Awesome-ness! Love it. Cheap, looks high-tech, outstanding! Love the sound effects to & from Walmart!!! :lol:lol
No sound effects he was really going 140mph to walmart:lol
This is one of the greatest contributions to the comunity, I can now display all my helmets affordably:love

Nice.
I just used a stainless steel toilet roll holder (free standing kind).
Not as cool as yours (the floating illusion is neat) but it did the job.

This build has more star ratings than that paper towel roll holder on walmart.com lol. Very cool and simple stand. you might even be able to find the jar you at dollar general now and then if you have one near you.

Some guy that works for walmart inventory somewhere is looking at his screen wondering why there's all of a sudden a spike in paper towel holders and cookie jars. :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back