Stargate:Atlantis. Wraith Commander

Anubis

While watching stargate:Atlantis way back in July with a friend named Billie, a scene opped up with Christopher Heyerdahl"s (Todd) Wraith charactor, Billie suddenly piped up "You should do that!" Well we went to the London Film and Comic Con in London at the following weekend and the cogs started to rev into play, the more I thought about it and never ever seeing a actual replica Wraith costume here in the UK I decided to go ahead and give it a go!

The face prosthetic is my own work using Klean clay for the face sculpt,molding it and then casting it in Silicone to give better movment and looks etc. The teeth are also my own work as is the hair. I ordered cats eye contacts from here in the UK but I will be upgrading them to fitted cosmetic ones some time soon as these were a quick fix to get it ready for the Entertainment and Media Show on October 6th/7th.

The leather coat is a three part item consisting of a lower skirt, long under coat and a three quarter over coat which I had specially made and is absolutley amazing in real life and does the entire outfit proud! The gloves I decided on as I didn't want to go with FX makeup or appliances on my hands and used motorcycle gloves with Stainless Steel knuckle and finger guards and do look the part with the costume. The boots are actually remarkably similar to the ones they used for the series and I was going to throw them out at the beginning of the year, thankgod I didin't!!!

Well I finally completed the outfit and couple of weeks ago and attended the Entertainment and Media Show and was so nervous and learning that Christopher Heyerdahl was on the guest list made me more nervous as I really wanted to meet him. Well the Wraith costume went down a storm with constant requests for photo's and I did meet Christopher on the Saturday and he was totally amazed and paid me a huge complimenting me saying " Outstanding " and I should be proud of my achievments, I was blown away! Well on the Sunday at the end of the show I managed to speak to Christopher in depth and he said he was amazed to see such a great Wraith, giving me tips on how to portray a convincing Wraith with mannerisms, tone and looks etc and to top it off he gave me a personally signed photo and calling me SIR!!!! Well I was in bits and the nerves took over and he said It was an honour to meet me, What a true gent and such an amazing person, I'm still buzzing and smiling!!!

Here's a couple of photo's that I've managed to find so far and also the signed photo of Christopher Heyerdahl and the awesome personal message.

Apologises for the photo quality and I'll upload the ones of me and Christopher together when I get the chance.......
149654_368322016580128_129891486_n1.jpg

308015_4091398677727_724748774_n1.jpg

img003.jpg

Last edited:
you make the mask ? and where you find the hair ?

I made the mask myself after my partner did a live cast of my face, I then began sculpting over the livecast in clay and molding it, I then cast the Wraith face in Silicone. The hair/wig I found on a cosplay site on the internet about £20.00.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back