Queen Ravenna Costume and Crown Replica (Snow White and the Huntsman)

frank92506

xnruh.jpg

So below are the steps on how i made the costume.

Queen Ravenna Crown

I tried making it with sheet metal since that is what the crown looked like it was made of But i was not able to solder or weld it together :( maybe i got the wrong kind of aluminum, so i had a friend and professional welder make it for me. ;).

xduzq.jpg

Collar

So i went ahead and got a sheet metal with the mesh design. then i fre-handed shaped a collar this was really hard it would be easier just to buy the thick material that will stand up as a collar i forget what its called lol sorry. so after i cut the shape i then added paper mashe over it and covered it all up that way i could glue the feathers on to it.

Cloak
So i have never sewn in my life well i have but never put a garment together. so u just got black chiffon fabric i think it was like two yards? (totally forgot). I started to drape around the mannequin form to see how it will look best. please note that the ravenna cloak is not form fitting like i did my cloak so you might need more fabric. i ordered some feathers from e-bay, they are not the best quality u can get but are cheap. I used about 600 for the bottom section of the costume since i wanted it to look distressed. i did start hand stitching them but since it was taking to long i decided to do the rest with a hot glue gun. you will need depending on the quality of the feathers mine are nice 6-7 inch cock feathers and i used about 2-3k feathers :/ if you get the ones from ebay u might need more.

Heart Plucker Ring

so i went to joanns fabrics and i bought some clay that u can put in the oven and bake.
i sculpted out the similar ring with it and painted it.

Dress
so the dress was made using two different fabrics one was like a lace looking fabric with gold shimmer to it and another one was a gold fabric so i put the two pieces together to make as one.
the dress template i used was the burda style #7152

Note: the neck area should be altered in the template if you would like to have the deep-v in the dress and for the garment to wrap around your neck like ravennas i did not do this so now i have to add it on after. :(

Necklace

So i was looking all over etsy and e-bay for a cabochon symilar to ravennas and the closest that i found that was detailed was this on ebay that i got from someone in nevada after two whole days of searching. so with the same clay i used for the heart plucker ring i made the back of the design and painted it gold to match the necklace i also added pearls to it to make it look more replicated.

Wig
If you can find a full lace wig or just a front lace wig it will work. just try to find a ash blonde that is atleast 16-20 inches would work better. style it with braids. and then top it off with your crown!!!

283185_361061903979583_624531105_n.jpg

NOW STAND IN FRONt OF YOUR MIRROR AND SAY
MIRROR MIRROR.... LOL you know the rest.

Fell free to contact me with any questions i will respond faster through facebook. facebook.com/fvstudios or comment here if u want.

I will post pictures of the complete costume on once i finish it up thanks for all the comments :)

Last edited:
Re: Replicated Queen Ravenna Costume

thank you very much!!!. I will work on adding it tonight since i am still working on details on the costume.

Awesome work, I was wondering if anyone has any info on the evil queen's golden costume, specifically the crazy golden shoulder pieces. I'm trying to make a close replica for a costume :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back