Red Dwarf X Miniatures

Amazing work, I'd love to have a crack at that big red side panel, it would look awesome on my wall.

Any chance of a few pointers on construction techniques , parts and paint?

By the way I helped to make the green starbug smart car for the back to earth episodes;)

Awesome stuff - looking forward to this week's episode, I've heard there's some pretty exciting model sequences in it. Keep those behind the scenes photos coming chaps.

There's a nice shot here from the RD website of one of the Simulant ships from 'The Beginning'.
red-dwarf-x-dvd-12l.jpg

Damn!! That's me in the green suit. :lol I did the puppeteering for the model shots. The DP didn't stop taking the **** out of me...singing "Halfway Down the Stairs" by Kermit's nephew Robin for 2 days straight...!

There's a nice shot here from the RD website of one of the Simulant ships from 'The Beginning'.
red-dwarf-x-dvd-12l.jpg

Here are some nice shots of the Blue Midget that I restored and re-detailed...

4291792.jpeg

4318935.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess it's not easy being green :lol

Nice work Vos, thanks for the look behind the scenes. It's so cool to see model work being done today, the new season looked great :thumbsup

A most fetching suit there, Vos. For some reason though, you're Blue Midget shots aren't loading up? Can you check them please? Must've been awesome working with those models, I saw in the DVD documentary that you did get the total p!ss taken out of you...sounds like a typical day at my office! I remember wearing a Union Jack version of those bodysuits at Halloween...they don't leave much to the imagination at all and were freaking freezing if I remember correctly.

Anyways all, just found this link on Gazpatcho Soup. It's the model-shot motherload!
Bill Pearson?s Red Dwarf Xmas « Gazpacho Soup

Those two miniatures for sale are superb and such a bargain if they only fetch the estimate (I'm sure they'll get more)

Hey guys. Steve Howarth's site has just been updated with three massive galleries of work on Red Dwarf X - some really interesting stuff on there. Looks like they had quite a huge workload and not a lot of time/money so that makes the results all the more impressive.

Link here ----> Red Dwarf

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back