TMNT Shredder for Halloween WIP

tamplain

I was inspired by 89Forever's Shredder costume build, http://www.therpf.com/f24/shredder-tmnt-my-first-build-ever-152878/
so I decided to tackle my own for Halloween. So far I've pepped the forearms, helmet, face mask and top of the right shoulder. I've slapped two coats of resin on the forearms, and will be glassing those soon. I've got one coat of resin on the helmet and face mask and hopefully the weather will hold out this after noon so I can do another. I know, I know, thread is useless without pics, so those should be up this afternoon when I get off work as well.

I decided against trying to fold all the blades for the armor and instead I cut them out of some pretty dense 3/8th inch balsa wood and sanded them with my mouse sander to look like blades.

So I glassed the forearms this afternoon

r3Gyj.jpg

Put the second coat of resin on the helmet and mask

SAAr5.jpg

xZuaB.jpg

And put the first coat of resin on the right shoulder pauldron

But5Z.jpg

These are the blades I made

jUHTQ.jpg

7Kz9g.jpg

Last edited:
Left shoulder pepped. Helmet and Mask will be glassed tomorrow if it's not raining or windy, but then it is Germany in the fall.

looking good man! can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks man. The cooler temps are making it hard for my resin to cure :unsure Put my pieces in my basement with a space heater, but that made my whole house reek of resin. At least it cure though. Any body know the difference between polyester resin and polyurethane resin?

486837_540189802673115_209198942_n.jpg

Here's the helmet I just finished, been working on the pads and gauntlets now.

I like how yours is shaping up, I plan to build a movie perfect replica soon.

Got my foam mats in yesterday, knocked out the first upper shoulder guard, have no idea what that piece is called, goes under the pauldron. other shoulder should be done this afternoon and a good part of the skirt.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back