I AM IRON BOY - My Iron Man build for my 5yo (pic heavy)

You're an awesome father and those costumes are simply incredible. I can't wait until I can make costumes for my boy, Jack...but he's only a month-old :( The real Halloween fun with my son won't happen for years! The most I can do for him this Halloween is help my wife make him a garden gnome costume (I'm on hat and beard duty).

-Jonaas

Gotta Love that but won't he outgrow it in like 6 months?

Maybe. I found with the Halo costumes that they still fit even after a year had passed. His Batman costume fit close to 1 1/2 years after I made it. Granted, the costume was spandex, so it did stretch. With that said, I don't mind. I love making them and they love wearing them (for now, although I suspect that this may change when they reach their teen years). The fact that they grow out of them only means that I get to make another costume. :lol

Does that chest light up, or is it white plastic? Hard to tell in the pics?

The chest does light up. The chest light is lit with a tap light.

The eyes light up too. I created the eye holes using velocro. During the day, when we attend our school parade, I intend on attaching a set of reflective plastic irriduim shields that I cut out from an old motorcycle visor. Glowing eyes would be useless in daylight and the reduced visibility isn't worth it. At night I intend to remove the irridium shields and attach EL lights using the velcro, so that the eyes will glow.

I am also working on the hands right now. They will have EL tape and will glow where the repulsor blast is supposed to come be.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back