Factory Ent. CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON fossil hand - In Stock!

TylerHam

Hi All!!

I was given access to the prototype for the Factory Entertainment 1:1 scale CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON hand, and given permission to show some pictures! As some of you know I co-designed this with Factory Entertainment, as well as sculpted the hand itself!

I don't want to compliment it too much, as since it is my sculpt, I don't want to sound like I am patting myself on the back - But I think they did a great job with the production, and I think Creature fans will be really pleased! :)

I hope you all enjoy it! It was really fun for me to sculpt and be involved in - A real labor of love!!!

hand.jpg

palm.jpg

hand_side.jpg

hand_back.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1st look @ Factory Entertainment CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON fossil hand

Very nice! I'll be picking one of these up methinks! Any idea what the base will look like?

Its going to be a black flat base, with a plaque that is in a sculpted rock looking holder :)

Well done! I love this classic film.

That's a beauty! I still remember that as a kid the original movie scared me into nightmares....LOL

That's pretty cool, but from a scientific point of view, does webbing like that between the fingers usually fossilize? I'm sure it'd be more difficult to recognize without the webbing, so I concede it's probably necessary from an aesthetic standpoint though.

That looks amazing, congrats!!

FE is really rolling out some excellent stuff.

Kerr, softer tissue can fossilize through a process called diagenesis.

Last edited:

as much as i love this film, im hoping they dont sell out too fast.

Thanks Benhs1898 and crazycat! It's exciting for me to see something I worked on actually go up for sale! :)

Well done!!

Looks very much like an oversized - and thus more accurate - version of the one Luis did for GreyZon. I wonder if they just scaled it up.

I've been waiting for this for almost a year now!!
This is the most accurate fossil hand ever made!
I'm hoping I can get one before they sell out..

Hi Outlander-

This is definitely an entirely new sculpt (I did it!) it's 16 inches from "break" in forearm to tip of tallest finger when looking straight forward. Yes, larger than a human, but closer to the scale of the original prop which was "oversized"

Hi Outlander-

This is definitely an entirely new sculpt (I did it!) it's 16 inches from "break" in forearm to tip of tallest finger when looking straight forward. Yes, larger than a human, but closer to the scale of the original prop which was "oversized"

Oh, I know it's bigger. I used the QMX measurements off the actual suit when I did my project. Greyzone's sculpt is only about 75% as large as it should be. Luis says he did this on purpose to discourage misrepresentation as an actual movie prop back in the day.

Regardless, the sculpt on this one is very nice, particularly the upper ulnar and radius next to the wrist bones.

Jeff

Last edited:

Goofing around today trying to recreate a movie moment :)

creaturefossil.jpg

A photo in black and white would make your "goofing around" a dead ringer for the original. Waiting for Factory Entertainment to get back to me about their installment pay plans. Been waiting a long time for this prop replica.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back