Dr Rockso costume

berger

Sr Member
this year for halloween i decided to go as Dr. Rockso from metalocalypse, ive got very little know how but figured it couldnt be that hard. so here we go!

heres a shot of dr rockso, in case your not familiar with who im talking about
dr-rockso-cocaine.jpg

first i started with the bracelets and necklace, i went to jo anne fabrics and purchased some fake leather bands, and some pink duct tape because i was unable to find pink vinyl, i also ordered about 40, 1 inch spikes online.

i started off by cutting them to length, and sewing snaps on, then covering them with the duct tape and poking holes throught it and putting on the spikes.

i figured 1 yard of the fake leather would be more than enough to make 2 bracelets, and 1 to go around my neck, but i was wrong, so i just used a sheet of yellow foam for the necklace, instead of the leather with the foam glued to it.

then i needed the hat, which i found online, and puchased some purple fabric paint, and painted it purple, which turned out fairly well.

the wig i just purchased online, as well as the fabric for the boots. Never having made boot covers before, and since the last time i used a sewing machine was in 6th grade (im 30) i went back to the store and got some cheap plain white fabric to do a mock up before i cut into and ruined my nice pink fake fur. suprisingly it only took 1 failed attempt to work out the kinks and get it right.

i laid the fabric on the ground, laid my foot/leg on it and traced around it, cut it out and sewed it together, the first attempt was to tight on my calf, so on the actual fur i just made it a bit larger.

the spandex suit was ordered online, which i was leery about because im 6'6", and i didnt want it to be to short in the arms or legs. luckily after an email back and forth between the site, a large ended up fitting just fine for the most part, the shoulders have a tendency to slip off, but im not sure if thats because of my height, or just because of the way the costume is, some dress tape should fix that.

i also cut out a small badge shape out of the yellow foam and attatched that to the hat, as well as a pink duct take strip around the band of the hat, which isnt in the pictures, and im not sure if im going to do the triangles in purple on the sides of the spandex or not. ive got face paint comming in to a halloween supply store in a few days.

i just hope its not cold this halloween :lol

hahahahahahah, great costume. I absolutely love Metalocalypse, and Dethklok. This will definitely be instantly recognizable to anyone who's seen the show. Just promise us you'll stay away from the C-C-C-C-C-C-COCAINE

Overall, it's creepy but great!

Does the original have the stripes on the thighs all the time, or is it a come-and-go animation glitch? The screenshot you have there shows darker green stripes on one thigh, and at first I thought it was a shadow but then noticed the girls have those too.

EDIT/NOTE: I see that in various images from the show, those stripes change color! Sometimes green, sometimes purple (mostly in closeups) and occasionally turquoise.

I imagine they'd be super easy to apply to your costume. Some fabric paint, a quick painters tape template and a foam brush - you'll be all set.

Do you plan on doing the facepaint too?

Last edited:
yea, i plan on doing the paint as well, not sure how well thats going to work out since ive obviously got quite a bit of facial hair, and its a bit hard to cover up a handlebar moustache, but i figure ill just cake the paint into the hair instead of leaving my faceial hair unpainted

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back