Upgraded "Disguise" Captain America & Stock Thor "Elite" Pics

Bradester

Here you go, this is what you get for $180 - $299 depending on where you shop. I haven't tried it on yet. I think I'm bummed, especially with the belt since I was told directly it was a functional working pouch belt by where I bought it from. It's more pajama feeling than it should be for the price, and well, judge for yourself.

Plus it came with a box of cereal for some reason.

Last edited:
Re: Official Captain America "Elite" Pics

Believe me I tried it one it looked amazing on me. All you need to do is replace the belt, nylon gloves, and helmet. The gauntlets and boots tops are just fine.

Haha weird that's the second time in two days I've seen someone mention they got a mini box of cereal with their order!

And I second the above, put on the suit.

Alright, it's on. Apologies for the bathroom mirror pics but that's all I can do at the moment.

Me: 6' 1" tall, 32x32 pants, 24" head, 175 pounds.

First impressions:
1. Material is horrible. It's waaay too stretchy and thin. Has a pajama feel to it.
2. Helmet = Horrible, even for my large head.
3. Blue hood = It's ok.
4. Body = Arms and legs are way too long. I have a very thin neck and the suit won't close up on me. If you can get the Velcro to touch, you can't turn your head or it opens again. Crotch zipper is nice though. Has shoulder pads which I didn't expect so thats good.
5. Belt = Horrible, no way to adjust it. Thin. Pouches are fake.
6. Gloves = Red and blue. They are what they are. I think I expected something better though.
7. Gauntlets = Horrible, way too loose. Thin. No way to adjust them.
8. Boot Covers = Cheap. Thin. Bottoms of them flip up.

Not sure what can be done to spruce this thing up, except replacing all the armor and having the body altered. That's just my opinion though as I'm used to building my own costumes, I bought this because I don't know how to sew. I think the neck not closing is going to be a major issue for people since it won't even fit me without squishing my chin in and then I cannot turn my head.

Last edited:

For your collar, can add a snap or a hook fastener.
Have the waist taken in.

Thankfully, Chris Evans was minus helmet so you can do well and go without.

Sadly, you are correct need new bolts, belt and gloves.

Not to make work for others, but PunisherNC did a really good job on this before he commissioned a second version. He may be able give some guidance.

At the cost of a different helmet, gloves and belt alone starts to make this costume quite spendy, to the point where you could get a taylored cosplay one made of thicker material.

I keep turning the helmet around in my hand trying to figure how to make it better. I've built costumes for 11 years, and it has me puzzled. I know I could almost go buy a plastic army helmet and glue this vinyl one over it and that may fix the top and side, but modifying the eye area so it lays on the face like it should has me puzzled.

I was REALLY looking forward to the belt having real pouches, like when Rubies made that $15 yellow latex Batman utility belt a while ago. All the answers I got from the customer service person of the costume have turned out to be false.

wow, this is the second review I've seen of this suit. the first one was generally positive. it makes me kind of glad I splurged on the Spidey instead. who has the Thor and Black Widow to show off?

Where might the other review be you saw? I have a friend with Thor and we were just trading pics. Thor has a few issues of its own like shotty Velcro and thin plastic gauntlets, the boot covers need an additional strap at the calf, the chest armor piece needs much shorter elastic to keep it flush fitting at the bottom; but he does love the cape. Says its lightweight but looks thicker than it weighs.

Dark Talon posted some pics on Facebook of his, and he said it was overall ok. that the suit itself was good, but the accessories need work. and thanks for the tip on Thor, can you post pics?

My friend's thoughts who bought the Thor Elite. He is 6'1", 190 pounds, and did purchase the official Thor wig and hammer as seen:

Work to be done:
1. elastic band that goes around the back and secures the lower part of the chestpiece needs tightened or otherwise taken in.
2. Gauntlets needs better means of securing around the forearm. Likely will replace with adjustable straps.
3. Boot covers need additional straps toward the top that will secure it to the shin.

Luckily that's pretty much it for now. Still debating removing the silver sleeve. The cape's true color isn't well represented in these pictures.

Build quality is a 6/10 at best, but appearance is an 8/10 for what I paid ($180). It's a costume for someone handy with custom fabrication, or an amateur who doesn't mind any shortcomings. The pieces are detailed well, but they have a lot of potential to be integrated better into the whole costume. Luckily, I'm looking forward to it. Would recommend, though only to the DIY inclined. Think it's about $50 overpriced. $150 for everything would make this a great deal.

Re: Disguise Captain America & Thor "Elite" Pics

As much as its going to cost, I think I'm going to give Captain a go to make him more presentable. Redo the belt, gloves, boot armor, gauntlets and helmet. I think I'm going to throw some techniques learned from my foam Iron Man into the mix for cheap and lightweight modifications.

Belt is upside down, they should have offered the suit in a cereal box and not vice versa, you get what you pay for, TBH this is not worth more than $75 that mask is horrible

GFollano

Ya know, that's not that bad. I think the mask obviously has the most issues, but with a new helmet, this thing would probably look pretty decent.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back