NIKE MAG Patterns

Re: Nike mag patterns with Tutorial part 1 pg 1 post 7

How would I scale it down to a size 9? Is there any math involved?

If you need the latest patterns, I am happy to send them to you. You will need SketchUp and can then scale them to fit any size. From there, you can print them out 1:1. When I did the original patterns, I used +/-10% increments and they seemed to be close.

If you want these patterns, PM me with you email address and I will send you the SU file.

If you need the latest patterns, I am happy to send them to you. You will need SketchUp and can then scale them to fit any size. From there, you can print them out 1:1. When I did the original patterns, I used +/-10% increments and they seemed to be close.

If you want these patterns, PM me with you email address and I will send you the SU file.

Ok thanks.:)

It's weird that on the real mags that the laces don't actually make the raised parts on the sides. They're too thin for that. You can see that the raised edges are thicker than the laces. They look like they're molded.

1ggpu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

MitasTouch, check your email. These are the full size 10 and you can use Paint to scale them down to 9.

If I were to take the two halves of the upper pattern and connect the back of them to make one piece, would that mess anything up? Because the back looks too angled and sharp when you make it two pieces. And then once it's all put together I would heat form it to have the right curves.

If I were to take the two halves of the upper pattern and connect the back of them to make one piece, would that mess anything up? Because the back looks too angled and sharp when you make it two pieces. And then once it's all put together I would heat form it to have the right curves.

You can, but you will lose some of the nice curves. When I did my foamies, I started at one end and super glued them about 1cm at a time, PEP style [not to confused with Gangnam style :facepalm] and they are strong enough to wear. Also if you really want a good bond, run paper masking tape in the seam first, then glue.

In fact, the masking tape is awesome for making sure you have correct alignment for joining the upper to the innersole. The shoe will sit flat if you have this correct. With tape, at least you can remove it and re-position it. Not so easy once you glue.

Did you get my email?

Last edited:

You can, but you will lose some of the nice curves. When I did my foamies, I started at one end and super glued them about 1cm at a time, PEP style [not to confused with Ganglan style :facepalm] and they are strong enough to wear. Also if you really want a good bond, run paper masking tape in the seam first, then glue.

In fact, the masking tape is awesome for making sure you have correct alignment for joining the upper to the innersole. The shoe will sit flat if you have this correct. With tape, at least you can remove it and re-position it. Not so easy once you glue.

Did you get my email?

Yes I did get your email. So you will email me again with the next update on the patterns? And could you possibly post a picture of the back of the foam shoe?

Last edited:

Yes I did get your email. So you will email me again with the next update on the patterns? And you you possibly post a picture of the back of the foam shoe?

I'll send you an email soon. I need to redraw the patterns now. I am also going to test that mesh I spoke about a few pages ago in the MAG thread in props.

MitasTouch, I've just sent you through the revised uppers.

I have a suggestion for you. I wouldn't attach foam to the bottom of the uppers. I instead would take the uppers with extra fabric hanging off on all sides, glue real insoles to the uppers, fold over and glue the extra fabric, and add some foam under that to add thickness so your foot doesn't go too deep inside the shoe.

Last edited:

I went to Joanne's Fabrics earlier today and found a fabric that matches pretty well, but it's a little too dark, so when I start this project I'll bleach it. I'll use a bowl of water with a really low bleach concentration.

I have a suggestion for you. I wouldn't attach foam to the bottom of the uppers. I instead would take the uppers with extra fabric hanging off on all sides, glue real insoles to the uppers, fold over and glue the extra fabric, and add some foam under that to add thickness so your foot doesn't go too deep inside the shoe.

Real shoes have a huge hole cut out of the inner-sole. The only reason I have mine as a solid piece is to allow the shoe to be formed up first. You will probably need to cut the hole later, though I didn't on my leather pair.

Have you not pulled the upper off a shoe sole? The Upper is attached to the innersole and there is often a huge cutout following the shape so to leave about an inch of material. The K-MAG didn't have this and why I didn't do it for mine.

Have you not pulled the upper off a shoe sole? The Upper is attached to the innersole and there is often a huge cutout following the shape so to leave about an inch of material. The K-MAG didn't have this and why I didn't do it for mine.

No, I haven't ever done that. I may in the future if I do it to the V2s. But that's a maybe. I'm not sure if I should make my own rubber soles, or use the V2 soles. I'm leaning towards making my own, so I have a pair that is made only by my hands. And I understand what you mean now.

If you going to perform surgery on a pair of shoes, then buy a cheap pair from Wall-Mart or where ever and operate on those first.

OK after many revisions, I think these are finally working out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I need to re-draw the patterns and then I think they will finally be ready.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back