The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

i would enter iron man, but sadly theres no point xD bazillion iron men here ;)

i would enter iron man, but sadly theres no point xD bazillion iron men here ;)

That's why the build thread is so important to this contest! :)

If I see two Iron Men costumes that look equally good I'll check out the build thread and see who overcame the most challenges, who had the more interesting methods, etc.

I have a feeling our winners will be the ones who put a lot of effort into their entries in addition to their photos. :thumbsup

Welp should have taken pictures building my costume this year lol oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing all the costumes!

Maybe there should be a separate Iron Man class since there are sooooooooooo many :)

Last edited:

Is Honorable Mention synonymous with Third Place (in vote count)? Or will it be a more objective selection?

i have a question: would it be possible to post a picture of a friend in my suit? its kinda hard to get it on myself, and i cant really tell my friends to help me suit up as they are clumsy :D
so if i put someone else in my suit, and stand next to it holding the RPF thingy or something?

i have a question: would it be possible to post a picture of a friend in my suit? its kinda hard to get it on myself, and i cant really tell my friends to help me suit up as they are clumsy :D
so if i put someone else in my suit, and stand next to it holding the RPF thingy or something?

It's got to be you I'm afraid! Unless of course you're entering a child or group in which case you only have to have made the costume. Find your most coordinated friend to help you! :lol

The "proof" photo needs to be YOU, in costume, with either a sheet of paper that says "The RPF Costume Contest 2012" or a photo of you in costume with your computer in the background with therpf.com up on the computer.

I figure we'll have to do a forum search on "halloween costume contest" to see all the entry threads in one place then. :confused

Things fall off the front page around here faster than you can blink.

Maybe the mods can open up a subforum just for entry threads? But then I guess they'd have to police it for non-entry threads. Hmmm...

Any ideas?

I figure we'll have to do a forum search on "halloween costume contest" to see all the entry threads in one place then. :confused

Things fall off the front page around here faster than you can blink.

Maybe the mods can open up a subforum just for entry threads? But then I guess they'd have to police it for non-entry threads. Hmmm...

Any ideas?

You will be able to see all of the entrants in our gallery and we will link each of their entries to their thread.

Just want to touch on the issue about "making it yourself" costumes as there seems to be a number of people who have questions and concerns. While OB has answered most of those questions, I want to make sure you understand why we are doing this. A couple of years ago a 100% store bought costume won the contest. The RPF is all about building and creating. That doesn't mean you have to build every single piece of your costume yourself. As OB said, there is quite an art to sourcing and repurposing found items as well as overseeing other people making pieces for you. While there are technicalities that we must impose, the purpose of this is to try to limit store-bought Halloween costumes from being entered into the contest. The RPF is above that.

You will be able to see all of the entrants in our gallery and we will link each of their entries to their thread.

Also, feel free to post your links in this thread as well! Otherwise a simple "halloween contest" search should bring them all up nicely for you. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back