The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

I'm real new to these forums..but I think I will def enter my BANE costume in this... its progress is under the thread "my bane costume 2012" do I just post pics on here or where to I send them to enter??

I'm real new to these forums..but I think I will def enter my BANE costume in this... its progress is under the thread "my bane costume 2012" do I just post pics on here or where to I send them to enter??

Have a good read of the first post in this thread, all the rules are there. :thumbsup

If after that you have any more questions feel free to ask! :)

sorry if this question as been answered but does the voucher also work on Amazon.co.uk? or can it only be used on the .com site?

sorry if this question as been answered but does the voucher also work on Amazon.co.uk? or can it only be used on the .com site?

Unfortunately they do not. Provided that the gift cards have not already been purchased I'm sure though that if you are in the UK one of equivalent value can be given instead though. Let me check.

I haven't actually read this whole thing but so far I still feel like my entry question is very much related to my entry only.

My fiance and I both made his costume equally. And he is also the one wearing it. He doesn't have as much time to be able to post on the RPF so I usually do it for him in our build threads. But our build threads show pictures of him working on the outfit.

So if I made parts of the costume and he made the other parts of the costume who would be the one that should be wearing it? Since it is a male costume it is obviously made for him. Can he still enter this costume after making the new build thread for it and talking about it.

Sorry, I just really feel like he should be able to enter it since he did just as much work as I did but at the same time I feel like according to the rules this is a costume that couldn't be entered by either of us since it wasn't 100% made by only one of us.

I would also like to note that he is a registered member here.

I haven't actually read this whole thing but so far I still feel like my entry question is very much related to my entry only.

My fiance and I both made his costume equally. And he is also the one wearing it. He doesn't have as much time to be able to post on the RPF so I usually do it for him in our build threads. But our build threads show pictures of him working on the outfit.

So if I made parts of the costume and he made the other parts of the costume who would be the one that should be wearing it? Since it is a male costume it is obviously made for him. Can he still enter this costume after making the new build thread for it and talking about it.

Sorry, I just really feel like he should be able to enter it since he did just as much work as I did but at the same time I feel like according to the rules this is a costume that couldn't be entered by either of us since it wasn't 100% made by only one of us.

I would also like to note that he is a registered member here.

He can DEFINITELY enter the costume. As with found pieces or kits it's understood that very few costumes are 100% the work of the wearer and as this is custom made and you give him full rights to claim it as his you're all good.

Just make sure the entry is put under his username and you're off to the races. :thumbsup

He can DEFINITELY enter the costume. As with found pieces or kits it's understood that very few costumes are 100% the work of the wearer and as this is custom made and you give him full rights to claim it as his you're all good.

Just make sure the entry is put under his username and you're off to the races. :thumbsup

OK brilliant!!!! I was going to be super sad if we weren't able to enter this costume of his!

I think I'll have to enter my last years one though lol as this year wasn't really a year optimal for a costume for me.

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

Argh.......I knew I should have taken pictures of me working on the cap helmet. I only took pics of the kit out of the box (Thank you Maulfett) and the now just clear coat away finished product. Oh well, next time. I knew I would regret not taking pics.

The "proof" photo needs to be you, in costume, with either a sheet of paper that says "The RPF Costume Contest 2012" or a photo of you in costume with your computer in the background with therpf.com up on the computer.

Do you have to be in the costume in the proof photo, or can you be standing next to it? My suit is on a stand right now and it's pretty tedious to put on. I do have other photos of my in the suit though showing my face, but without the "costume contest 2012" paper. Thanks!

Do you have to be in the costume in the proof photo, or can you be standing next to it? My suit is on a stand right now and it's pretty tedious to put on. I do have other photos of my in the suit though showing my face, but without the "costume contest 2012" paper. Thanks!

For the proof photo I'm going to say it's okay to stand next to it on a stand. Your entry photo will have to be you in costume though.

You say it's ok for a parent to enter both their costume along with their kids, being that they built both. I'm building a costume for me and a friend would that be alright for me to enter since I built both?

You say it's ok for a parent to enter both their costume along with their kids, being that they built both. I'm building a costume for me and a friend would that be alright for me to enter since I built both?

Unfortunately no. However, you can both enter together as a "group" if you wish or, if your friend helped make the costume, get him to sign up and enter it under a different username.

The "one entry" rule is to prevent people from entering a bunch of costumes in the hopes of snagging multiple prizes or increasing their odds. In your situation I would pick the one that you're most proud of and enter that. :thumbsup

Anymore images of the girl playing the Jedi? That looks like a pretty good cosplay.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back