The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

non-starters?

ie: If someone were to say that no new members should be allowed to enter the contest that would be a "non-starter" because one of the purposes of having a contest is to recruit new members. :)

There are very few non-starters though. Happy to hear thoughts from anyone.

I finally got around to checking out the costumes. I still can't decide. I now know what people mean about the photoshopped backgrounds though. There are a few that I thought detracted from the costume, especially where colors added were very bright.

Pretty sure next year there's going to be a "no photoshop at all" rule added. It really just opens a whole bag of worms that complicate things.

Been without Internet for a few days and can't view the gallery on mobile. Looks like I won't be voting...or seeing if I have any votes.

I had been checking out the gallery a few days before voting started, and made a couple comments on peoples photos, it looks like those comments were turned into votes, I don't want to be seen as "stuffing" the ballot box (even though I did grow up in Chicago :lol).
Remember, remember the 5th of november....and VOTE!

Do comments actually turn into votes? I was going to leave comments on a few of the others that I really wanted to vote for (and would have if we were allowed to pick our top 3) but I don't want to "stuff" either.

In relation to what I mentioned above, as a suggestion for next year, is there a way to award votes to your top 3? It would make it much easier to decide between a few favorites.

Do comments actually turn into votes? I was going to leave comments on a few of the others that I really wanted to vote for (and would have if we were allowed to pick our top 3) but I don't want to "stuff" either.

In relation to what I mentioned above, as a suggestion for next year, is there a way to award votes to your top 3? It would make it much easier to decide between a few favorites.

Good questions, to which I'm unsure of the answers. Will look into it. :)

Pretty sure next year there's going to be a "no photoshop at all" rule added. It really just opens a whole bag of worms that complicate things.

This sounds like a good idea. If you want to show off your Photoshop pics, maybe the best place is in the build thread, after you have the required basic photos.

i thought yesterdy there were 72 submissions in the men's catagory. today there are 73... did someone join the party late? Ghostbusters 2 perhaps?

Maybe you were mistaken? All look legit to me. :thumbsup

eh, IDK. either way, i wouldnt mind a late comer. i just did a pretty good job of checking out everyones stuff. if there is someone new, i wanted to give them a good look over.

From what I can gather, commenting on entries is safe.
I looked at a couple of entries that had comments with the votes, and it doesn't appear that they are counted. One entry had something like 12 entries including one comment from someone who also voted on it, and there are only 11 votes counted on the main gallery page. Another entry had 4 votes, and 5 entries on the submission, with one of them being a comment from someone who didn't vote on it, but made a comment.

From what I can gather, commenting on entries is safe.
I looked at a couple of entries that had comments with the votes, and it doesn't appear that they are counted. One entry had something like 12 entries including one comment from someone who also voted on it, and there are only 11 votes counted on the main gallery page. Another entry had 4 votes, and 5 entries on the submission, with one of them being a comment from someone who didn't vote on it, but made a comment.

Thanks. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back