The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

"[Your board name]'s 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry"

People are missing this, failing to name their contest build thread correctly. If this is going to be strictly enforced, guess some PM-ing is going to have to go on to owners of threads where you can tell that it is def their contest entry build thread but they failed to get the title in the right format.....

Hope this might help a few......

How to change the title of a thread.

The title can only be edited from the first post in the thread.
Go to the first post in your thread and click "edit"
Change%20Title%201.jpg

That will bring up this box. Click "Go Advanced"
Change%20Title%202.jpg

That will bring up this box where you can change the title.
Change%20Title%203.jpg

Type in the new title and the reason for the edit and then click "Save Changes"
Change%20Title%204.jpg

DONE! Now your thread has a new title. The new title will show up on the first
post and on anything posted after the change. All other posts made under the
old title will retain the old title but your thread will show up thread lists and searches
with the new title
Change%20Title%205.jpg

Shylaah

That reminds me, I tried uploading my photo to the gallery last night, and as far as I know, it uploaded successfully, but I still don't see it. Does it take a while for the photos to appear, or should I try uploading it again?

Not fully versed in the technical but I think it should have shown up pretty soon after the upload. I'll take a look.

Ah, well I figured out what the deal was with uploading pics to the gallery. Turns out, after you initially submit your photo, it goes into a "pending" queue, where you have to finalize and "process" it. After I discovered that, the photo popped right up in the gallery.

People are missing this, failing to name their contest build thread correctly. If this is going to be strictly enforced, guess some PM-ing is going to have to go on to owners of threads where you can tell that it is def their contest entry build thread but they failed to get the title in the right format.....

Hope this might help a few......

Thanks for that, I realised shortly after posting that I hadn't titled the thread properly but wasn't sure how to edit it.

what an awesome competition, were making a badass costume at work right now, hmmmm group you say? if only i had time to make a build thread :(

what an awesome competition, were making a badass costume at work right now, hmmmm group you say? if only i had time to make a build thread :(

A simple build thread doesn't have to take long. A short summary would suffice. :)

The single photo that is used for the contest, can it be a collage of photos showcasing the entire costume? Thanks

The single photo that is used for the contest, can it be a collage of photos showcasing the entire costume? Thanks

No. The gallery pic has to be a single clear pic of you in costume. Feel free to post a bunch of additional pics in your build thread though!

Just an FYI for everyone I won't be on here again until Sunday afternoon. I'll answer all questions between now and then when I have computer access again. :)

Also, Sunday I'll be posting links to all the build threads in the first post separated by category. If I've put you in the wrong category or linked wrong let me know!

Sounds good, Thanks for your help in helping those that are new to all this (like myself) Is my proof and my build of the Captain good? I went as much in depth with the build as I could. I had tons of excited friends and co-workers on this. Im think I found a new hobby. :D Thanks again for your help.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/celestino...-entry-captain-163472/?highlight=2012+contest

:D

Since I'm still here I'll answer. ;)

Yes, your proof pic is good. :thumbsup I can make out RPF 2012.

For your gallery pic make sure that no photoshop is used on the costume itself (ie: colour correction).

Welcome to the hobby!!!

Where should be post the thread with our costume? In the rules it only said "in the forum", and I've looked and don't find any more updates.
I want to post my female predator:love

Where should be post the thread with our costume? In the rules it only said "in the forum", and I've looked and don't find any more updates.
I want to post my female predator:love
Replica Costumes is where it goes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back