Farscape Pulse Rifle

That was my intention, but I don't feel my cast quality is up to standards yet. I was actually hoping to have a rotocaster up and running by now, but I'm having some massive shifts in my housing situation. I cast 8 of them I think (they're at my workplace) and most are miscasts or have large sub-surface bubbles or thin spots, due to my inexperience and rotocasting a 25 pound (11.3 kilo) mold by hand.
:wacko

This was one of three that were somewhat passable.

When you do make your junkyard thread, you could offer up your misfires for cheaper for those of us with tight pockets but big interest. Fixing up a reject is a lot less aggro than making one of these babies from scratch, especially as beautifully as you've done! (And I know a few friends who'd want one too lol) Cheers, I'll be watching!

Some time ago, reaper63 mentioned liking the design of John's heavy pulse rifle. I think I have all the parts of that one figured out. Now, I just have to determine how to make them.

Another version to add to the list of PR variants, but this one might be a one-off if I get to it. Some of the bits would take considerable time to fabricate!:)

This is superb!! Incredible detail and finish. :D recently made a couple of very rough Pulse Pistols myself, but my next project is to make a proper pulse pistol with working electronics (already figured somewhat how I'm going to do it). At least this time I'll have more than 2 evenings to build it lol! One day I may have a go at a PK rifle like this, but not anytime soon. Phenomenal job! :D

Thanks for the compliments!

Here is the other decent cast (could have sworn there were three good ones). This is what I like to call the base model.

I think one of the others is distorted near the stock, so I might cut that one up to try making the heavy pistol.

During the RPF's recent down time, I took the advice on the placeholder page and tried to get a prop done. Well, a modified prop anyway. The Peacekeeper heavy pistol was only seen in a few episodes, first wielded by Scorpius (a plain version), and later by Aeryn's mother, Xhalax (with a few greeblies added).

The base is the front end of a pulse rifle. I took one of the mis-castings that had a warped stock and chopped off the back, straightened out and plugged the opening. A couple of detail pieces later (and a lot of straightening and flaw removing), and another variation of the pulse rifle is ready for rubber. I'll have to wait a bit until I have the time to make the mold. In the meantime, I'll try to make the greeblies for the Xhalax version.

Attachments

• IMG_1240-2.jpg
    IMG_1240-2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1241-2.jpg
    IMG_1241-2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1246-2.jpg
    IMG_1246-2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1248-2.jpg
    IMG_1248-2.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1252-2.jpg
    IMG_1252-2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1253-2.jpg
    IMG_1253-2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 189
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back