Farscape Pulse Rifle

Depending on cost I am interested as well. I just bought a house that needs a new roof so my funds are limited, but I really like what you have done. Let me know when you get a price.

Finally got one cast done!

I need to work on my casting technique though. I made a completely enclosed hollow cast. As the plastic cures, it heats up. A lot. The expanding air in the center pushed plastic out wherever it could, so I had a couple leaks and a lot of flash. As it cooled, the air contracted and collapsed the sides somewhat (you can see it really well in the first pic). In spite of me, the mold performed well and the detail in the casting looks pretty good. The wall thickness seems to be pretty good too, even though I rotocast by hand. Man, does that thing get heavy!

I'll try another technique with an air tube in the fill hole soon.

Rich

Thanks for the good words!

I got a good one! I tried another today with the air tube to equalize pressure, and it seems it worked! Sides are nice and flat (the new one is on the bottom). I just have to clean the seams and find the best way to cap the hole. I'll experiment with paint on the old one.

LOL - I can't put it down! PEW! PEW!
:)

That is a beautiful peace of art, And you should be very proud of the work you have done.

LOL - Thanks Talyn. Needed the laugh.

I must admit to a certain amount of frustration trying to get consistent casts. Rotocasting by hand is rough with such a heavy mold. I've gotten the one good cast out of 7. I took a break from casting attempts and began working on the first scope again. The paper version wasn't working out too well, so using the paper one, I located a few PVC parts for a cleaner build.

And, another small project for distraction purposes when parts seem to want to fly against the wall.

Don't worry - the run will happen. I refuse to let the Scapers down.

Very nice Laser knife there!! always a nice addition to a collection!!!

and how bad are the bad casts? I'm sure there are more people then me who would be interested. as long as the faults aren't too bad, it'll keep financing your project. Well, that plus the laser knives :)

"Ice cream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Baskin Robin's, Ben n Jerry's, Good Humor... What's your favorite? Creamsicle or Fudgesicle?!"

"Crackers don't matter!"

and

"Who's your daddy? D'Argo, tell him who his daddy is!"
"I'm your daddy."

Season 2 was just off the wall.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back