Farscape Pulse Rifle

Just a quick update -
I'm working on a rotational casting machine to produce better casts. I had intended to do the first couple by hand, but this way I hope to screw up less. :)

I love the work you have done here, and i can't wait to see what new and wonderful things that you will be attempting next. and i cant wait to purchase a pulse rifle off you.

Another quick update -
Thanks for all the encouragement! I'm very excited to see the first one come out, and every little delay drives me a bit more insane. My girlfriend is laughing and says I've already sent her postcards from there.
Currently waiting for a new batch of clay to make the divider for the mold. The stuff I bought was a bit too hard to work. Good for sculpting though! Still collecting bits for the rotocasting machine, but it's starting to come together (ok, the Beatles just started playing in my head). Also, here's a pic of the CE design for Nobby, and a pic of the scopes I hope to make as add-ons.

Attachments

• SCAP0514472.png
    SCAP0514472.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 177
oh man, this thing is going to be b-e-a-utiful!!
don't get too stressed out over delays. It'll all be more than worth it in the end. Perfection cannot be rushed :D

This is a thing of beauty! I've always wanted a pulse rifle but never found anyone selling one and I lack the skills to scratch build one like you.

Update:
I've been working on the mold all weekend. I realize I did a few things wrong and may have screwed it up. The pulse rifle will be fine, but the mold may not be useable. All I can do is finish the mother molds and hope for the best. I'll know Tuesday one way or the other.
I've also been working on the first scope version. I found a use for all those junk faxes! Since I couldn't find the correct size tubing, I came across the technique for creating tubes by rolling paper with thinned wood glue - a variation on papier mache. The yellow you see is a small piece of plastic shopping bag to prevent certain sections from sticking to the ones below. They will be slid outward to make the extended rims.

I hope everything works out for the mold. And i love what you have done with the scope so far, Keep the great work up.

Ya-Hoo!

Disaster averted! The mold turned out fine. One tiny bit of minor damage in the thin cut-outs of the foregrip, but I was sort of expecting that to happen. Since it doesn't look like the rotocaster will be finished anytime soon, I'll be trying a test cast rotating by hand, hopefully with an assistant to take over halfway through (this thing is freakin' heavy). The colder weather may be a problem though . . .

I also made a little progress on the mounts for the first scope, and identified the major component of the second scope. The flashlight used was . . . a two-cell Maglite! The head was slightly modified, but all the screen caps seem to agree. I have one earmarked for my nephew to mill/lathe to the correct shape, but he's working on an all-aluminum (yeah, I'm a Yank) Boba Fett style blaster and I don't want to interfere with his project too much.

The Scarrans are starting to get nervous!

Rich

Fantastic work, i've always been a huge fan of the rifle, there just so hard to come by, but looking great! put me down fi you decide to sell copies ;)

Seems to be enough interest, so I'm definitely planning a run. I'll need to make a few test casts to check the mold, my cast-making ability, and cast quality. I was hoping to get one done today, but it looks like it'll be a week or so before I can get back to it again.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back