Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files

Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File

Awesome! I'm in the process of finishing of a batman pep helmet myself and would love to take a stab at this after. Just curious though, is the hole big enough to fit a head through it? I had the problem with my helmet and had to cut the back out. Either way, awesome looking file!

Awesome! I'm in the process of finishing of a batman pep helmet myself and would love to take a stab at this after. Just curious though, is the hole big enough to fit a head through it? I had the problem with my helmet and had to cut the back out. Either way, awesome looking file!

the hole isn't big enough, but I'm going to cast this latex or whatever Smooth-On recommends anyways so the chin area flexes to get my head in.

Cowel looks great ! I was wondering if you can do a batman beyond cowel if so that would be great
Thanks boomboom

This is great! I've been wanting to see this pepped for a long while and it looks just stunning.

Any chance of a PDF for the cowl?

Here's that PDF, sorry about the delay. Let me know if you need the scale changed at all.
Ruze789 TDK Cowl Letter.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

The hole is definitely not big enough for a head to fit through. I was planning on cutting out a section of the lower back and attaching it via magnets, like an Iron Man helmet. There would be a seam line but I think a seam would be better than missing a large section of the back to get your head to fit in.

Here's the cut line I had in mind, I did not get to build this helmet so I didn't get to see if it would work:
8066792899_5436476dc0.jpg

Cowel looks great ! I was wondering if you can do a batman beyond cowel if so that would be great
Thanks boomboom

I'm going to be tied up with Dark Knight stuff for a while, I don't know that I'll be able to get to a Beyond cowl anytime soon.

i feel inspired :D ¡¡¡¡ I´m going for opaline paper and ready to make it!!!!! thanks ruze789 I really hope you do the rest of the armor ;)

Hey Guys, Had a go at building the file. Fits brilliantly. Thanks for the file Ruze

It's always exciting to see the first build from a new model, and yours doesn't disappoint! Very nice job.

Were there any really troublesome areas or problems that could use a fix?

Ruze789,
Thank you for sharing the file. It looks much simpler and cleaner

Looks awesome. I hope there will be foam templates for the whole armor. That would be amazing....

thankas for the up! my son loves batman and this will be perfect for halloween around the corner :)

It's always exciting to see the first build from a new model, and yours doesn't disappoint! Very nice job.

Were there any really troublesome areas or problems that could use a fix?

Cheers Mate, No troubles at all. I did reference a dark knight bale cowl pic and i should have made the cheek bone more visible (mine looks a bit flat) when pepping. If that makes sense. others might do that. other than that everything looks great.

i Would Love to see This suit but Specially the Bane Mask Ill be Watching Closely

What kind of print are you thinking of? The model I'm currently working on is pretty low detail, it'll be primarily just be a template for building in foam, none of the tubes or connections are modeled on it. It's mainly a base to be built on top of.

8056703717_41ddbdbd99_b.jpg

(Ignore the head model, it's just a stand-in for proportions sake. It was a video game rip.)

I also got permission from Pichet Paithoon to modify and release his model as needed, so I'll be able to post up some of the things I've already done.
Here's his model:
TDK.jpg

It takes some work to make it pepakura friendly, so it's slow going. I'm altering it mainly for foam building, but regular pepakura techniques would work for it too.
Here's what I've started with, as these seem to be the most difficult parts for foam:
8056771296_7bde691531_b.jpg

I'll release .pdos as I finish unfolding.

So, any Updates on the suit pdo file progress? :)
Cant wait to see the finished product, hope it will be available for foam.

Thanks a lot!

thanks alot there friend. thats the most accurate one ive found also cant wait to see the others.keep up the good work!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back