Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files

Hope this thread go on!

Built my freehand version of TDKR suit, but almost ruined resining without PVA cover... :( I wasn't in the forum by the time I've made that, but I could fix many parts. If I'll have enough balls, will post pics here. Just need a decent cowl... will try to build the version on this thread over 5mm foam. :ninja

In early 2012, I've started a freehand TDK suit. Had built one of cardboard before; crappy, but the shapes was pretty good under the cape. I've decided to improve, and started to work with EVA foam. By that time, I wasn't RPF member, and made many mistakes.......:facepalm

Now I've decided to share pics of the chest and belt. That's the freehand TDK with EVA foam. Used 4mm for base and 2 mm for details. I resined without PVA layer :facepalm :facepalm... It didn't melt the 4 mm, but damaged the 2 mm foam. I've made legs, boots and forearms also.

In my personal experience, velcro was terrible, unglues all the time. Will change it for buckles. Note that the area under armpit is unglued.

Now that I'm almost finished with my IM suit, I'm thinking about start a TDKR with fabric and EVA. Batman. Again.

Hey ruze789, do you mind sending me the files for the cowl and suit? if its no trouble of course. Let me know so I can give you my email. Thanks! :)

I´m making a DK suit for halloween 2013, all pepakura and foam, just an undersuit below the armor. This is the process since 2 weeks ago. Full Progress.JPG

Hi Ruze!
I would like to thank you for your Hard Work in doing this Foam Pep Pattern!
You helped me fulfill my Dark Knight Fandom.. Cheers! :thumbsup

Here's what I got so far..

316220_10200962228036373_162369203_n.jpg

941952_10200962227836368_79403723_n.jpg

969377_10200962227596362_873692700_n.jpg

I used 5mm thick Foam and Coat it with Wood glue to hide the Cuts and Lines

Thank you very much again! :D

Wow man!!! That's a really great build! I quit doing it in 5mm because the thickness, but you achieved a great result! You've modded a lil' bit, didn't? How you did it? I can see around the eye and in other parts also. Best regards and congratulations, man!

Wow man!!! That's a really great build! I quit doing it in 5mm because the thickness, but you achieved a great result! You've modded a lil' bit, didn't? How you did it? I can see around the eye and in other parts also. Best regards and congratulations, man!
I just modded the Eye part as you can see hehe.. Thank you very much! :)

Anyways... Here's what I got so far...

Just plain black base paint.. Will definitely go to our local hardware store to buy some Spray Paints this weekend..

945628_10200977100528176_1724107316_n.jpg

Cheers :thumbsup

Hi! I just tried my build, heavily inspired by the work of Random490 and Celtic0130. My WIP pics are below, one coat of PVA until now.

Thanks to ruze789 (model) and EyeofSauron (foam unfold) for helping a dream come true!

Some notes about this build which were important to me:
- After building, adjust in the eyes area were needed;
- I found a way to let the back part with a more round shape. Do a triangular cut, as shown below. How much you will cut depends on you. I've cut more or less as much as shown. I started with a narrow cut, and then I was cutting wider pieces until be satisfied with the result;
- no velcro, no nothing. The build is somewhat tight to put, and even then there was some gaps inside. I glued some pieces of foam in the gaps and ta-da! It's firm in the place;
- a very important thing. May be the most important. The piece under the nose. That one which covers your nostrils. I've put it. And it gives quite an enhancement in the look! In some days I'll post pics wearing it. Make it harder to breath? Not that much. And as bonus, it's easier to make that "Where's the trigger?!!? WHERE IS IT??" voice.

Cowl adjust - back.jpgDSC05138.JPGDSC05139.JPGDSC05140.JPG

Last edited:
can anybody send me the file for the cowl? I would really appreciate it. thanks!

The download is at the beginning of the thread, if you cant get it to work I have it.

And to the creator of this file, dude, you are freaking fantastic. I've been wanting to build TDK cowl for a long time, and now i plan to give it a shot; itll be my first resin pepakura try, (i did a MK-III Iron man suit out of foam which was fun but I rushed it for the I3 premier and coulda done better)

My goal is to make a sick nasty batman suit and be able to visit kids at the Tampa Cancer wards as Batman like that dude in Baltimore. I figure it's the closest thing to being a real superhero as I'll get. So thanks again this is a great build!

The download is at the beginning of the thread, if you cant get it to work I have it.

And to the creator of this file, dude, you are freaking fantastic. I've been wanting to build TDK cowl for a long time, and now i plan to give it a shot; itll be my first resin pepakura try, (i did a MK-III Iron man suit out of foam which was fun but I rushed it for the I3 premier and coulda done better)

My goal is to make a sick nasty batman suit and be able to visit kids at the Tampa Cancer wards as Batman like that dude in Baltimore. I figure it's the closest thing to being a real superhero as I'll get. So thanks again this is a great build!

Hi there man! An advise, if you allow me: don't make the pepakura build too tight if you willll fiberglass it. I've made one that fitted just perfectly with resin. When I put fiberglass, it didn't enter in my head. I had to throw it away. :facepalm

Hi there man! An advise, if you allow me: don't make the pepakura build too tight if you willll fiberglass it. I've made one that fitted just perfectly with resin. When I put fiberglass, it didn't enter in my head. I had to throw it away. :facepalm

Oh man that SUCKS! I did that with my iron man build except i tried to use a paper file to make foam and every piece was too tight, it actually made watching the premier in it UNenjoyable, so i still dont know if I didn't like I3 bcs it was a not as great end to the series or because i couldn't move my body for 2.5 hours or however long that thing was lol.

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but has anyone come up with the files for the rest of tdk suit?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back