2015 Nike Mag Replica - Opinions?

I just want a pair of light up Nikes, hard to find...

Not really :love

Dsc04879.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Not that they don't rock already lol

I know you have done tutorials and everything jedifyfe.... But for a noob who doesn't have much experience with high end prop building/making..... Is a light conversion hard to pull off on these

I'm worried I'm gonna buy markpoon mags and screw them up cos I'm in way over my head

Not that they don't rock already lol

I know you have done tutorials and everything jedifyfe.... But for a noob who doesn't have much experience with high end prop building/making..... Is a light conversion hard to pull off on these

I'm worried I'm gonna buy markpoon mags and screw them up cos I'm in way over my head

I had no experience with LEDs or EL sheets before these. It is trial and error but it is as basic as you can get. When I did my first pair, I was pretty nervous about cutting them open.

Now that you have tutorials, it should be less nerve racking.

My advice is to make sure you plan everything out before you make a single cut.

Actually, Brad, since so many will inevitably be following your tutorials (since thry're one of the best) I was thinking it might be a good idea to replace the sole tutorial with one in which you use a hairdryer rather than a blade to pull the sole apart. It would lessen the risk of people cutting their MPs and it really is amuch easier method.

I had no experience with LEDs or EL sheets before these. It is trial and error but it is as basic as you can get. When I did my first pair, I was pretty nervous about cutting them open.

Now that you have tutorials, it should be less nerve racking.

Thanks dude

Cutting them obviously is the thing that scares me about the conversion the most

Will just go step by step

Can't emphasize this enough about any project! I research & plan for a solid month before I tackle some things. Others I plan off and on for months on end, it always ends up in a cleaner, less stressful build. :thumbsup

Can't emphasize this enough about any project! I research & plan for a solid month before I tackle some things. Others I plan off and on for months on end, it always ends up in a cleaner, less stressful build. :thumbsup

Thanks for the tips guys.

Much appreciated :thumbsup

Actually, Brad, since so many will inevitably be following your tutorials (since thry're one of the best) I was thinking it might be a good idea to replace the sole tutorial with one in which you use a hairdryer rather than a blade to pull the sole apart. It would lessen the risk of people cutting their MPs and it really is amuch easier method.

Hmm. I'll have to try that. The only thing I like about cutting them open is that the foam that remains stuck to the rubber makes a great light barrier after the EL is installed AND it makes glueing them back together so easy and permanent.

Hmm. I'll have to try that. The only thing I like about cutting them open is that the foam that remains stuck to the rubber makes a great light barrier after the EL is installed AND it makes glueing them back together so easy and permanent.

Point. I only suggested it as so many would be looking to your build that it might put off those afraid of messing up their MPs. At least as far as the EL goes.

Though if you go all the way and cut the rebate on the MP soles like I tried the light barrier thing is solved. Though that requires even more sphincter-clenching cutting.

Proper thing to do! Eventually, when I get my Mags, I won't be installing any electronics till I'm 100% sure of what I am doing!

Yeah, as soon as someone makes clear soles that I can swap out, then I'll be all over them.

I'll be meeting with another forum member (this week end?) to discuss this. He knows more about casting than I do. I have a vacuum chamber and pump but don't know enough to want to throw another $200 down without knowing I will get a better result. He wants MAGs too and because he is a US12, can't wear the MP MAGs. I've suggested he by-pass the KK-MAG and look at my patterns (which have been re-worked based on my own experiences).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back