whitelotus's Amazing Spider-Man Build - Sonjou Print (Pic Heavy)

whitelotus

Ey,

First post, lol LATER rpf virginity!

I got the pattern printed at FOD (Fabric on Demand), and I actually got it really fast (I live in Canada lol) which was amazing, considering how close I came to imploding from the excitement. I didn't waste any time, and got straight to the puff painting within minutes of the package arriving. I think I got a considerable amount of work done in the past two days, I've managed to finish an arm and a huge portion of the chest.

These are some pics I took along the way of my progress, for anyone who might have wanted a peek, or was debating over going with sonjou's print.

I want to have all the puff paint done within the next week, and then start sewing, I'll be doing it myself to make sure everything lines up how I want, probably hand stitch first. Not looking forward to that phase o the build lol

ALRIGHT!! HERE WE GO!

back to work!!! :)

View attachment 116017 View attachment 116018

View attachment 116019 View attachment 116020

View attachment 116021 View attachment 116022

View attachment 116023 View attachment 116024

View attachment 116025 View attachment 116026

-whitelotus

View attachment 116027

This is the tip I'm using for the puff paint, it's similar to the edge part of a led pencil, it came as a set of attachments in a 14pc Bottles and Tips set I picked up from "Michael's"

I realized during the test strip, that 'slick' was the right kind of puff paint, I stated with 'puffy' and noticed it wasn't leaving that plastic-like quality and was fading into the fabric :facepalm

So I went back and picked these up,
thank god for test strips

Insane work man! That print is truly gorgeous, I'm jelly of your perfection in puff painting haha
I'm VERY worried about puffing my chest emblem... I keep thinking twice, but I'll get to it!

Keep it up dude! :thumbsup

Really nice work man.
Liking your avatar too. Where is it from if you don't mind me asking.
Man, I better get a move on with my costume, so many other builds going on I'm gonna get overtaken soon. :D
Again, great work.

Insane work man! That print is truly gorgeous, I'm jelly of your perfection in puff painting haha
I'm VERY worried about puffing my chest emblem... I keep thinking twice, but I'll get to it!

Keep it up dude! :thumbsup

haha thanks, the emblem is proving to be a good challenge, if you find out a good technique, let me know !!

Really nice work man.
Liking your avatar too. Where is it from if you don't mind me asking.
Man, I better get a move on with my costume, so many other builds going on I'm gonna get overtaken soon. :D
Again, great work.

thanks so much, I wish I knew where I found the pic lol I think I was just browsing google actually!!

and ya for sure, many ASM suits being put together haha

lots of fun though not gunna lie

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back