The Slaughtered Lamb sign - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Hi everyone

I'm planing on making the wooden sign of the The Slaughtered Lamb from An American Werewolf in London.
Does anyone have a screenshot that could share?
Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Re: The Slaughtered Lamb sign

I think I didn't watch the movie, or at least I don't remember watching it, but is it this one? (was the first google result)
NFTpop351.gif

I thought I remembered it being a round sign, I know it had color though.

If that's not the correct one and no one comes through tonight, send me a PM tomorrow to remind me and I'll pull a DVD screen shot.

Nope. No sign inside that I remember. Interior was a pub in London, exterior is a small house in Wales.

I know if I lived there I'd put one up outside!

I visited the location and was looking for the "Angel of Death" in the middle of the road to the left of the church. I didn't realise that too was a prop...

The Yorkshire moors location from the opening of the film are about 10 mins drive away from the pub and church.

Hi guys

Thank you Thebooder for the screencap and thank you all for your great cooperation
I also think this would make a great prop. For the time beeing it's just an idea but I do intend to get my hands on it (at the moment I'm devoting my time to the Medusa model)
Once again thank's a lot for your help

That is an excellent video! They really went to town on that!

The sign would be a great little project...in fact I could be tempted to do one myself!

Finally got time to finnish this old project.
First of all I'd like to thank Thebooder for the screencap and Contec for the link to that great video
As I'm not much of a painter I'd never be able to paint a "good" sign, so I decided to "photoshop" the screencap and rotate it to get a front image.
Printed it on an A4 canvas sheet (very very low resolution) and "repainted" it all over.
Scaned the final result on high resolution and had it printed on A2 format. Got the wood, cuted it to match the print sheet and "worked" it a bit.
And here's the final result. Thanks for looking. Comments are very welcome.

Attachments

• Imagem18.jpg
    Imagem18.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 242

Thought that the slate replica would go along fine with the sign...

Attachments

• aww.jpg
    aww.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 341
Just an FYI, the real Slaughtered Lamb sign is at the Seattle Sci-Fi Museum. They are having a horror exhibit.

Cool that turned out great, I did a job not so long back for a wedding. They were Gothics and having a movie theme and the groom painted one of these also.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back