Judge Dredd (2012) Shoulder Armor

I made the vertical stretch on this as well, then layered foam

1350239458.jpg

this is my start

While I'm waiting for the first coat of paint to dry on the shoulder, I've been puttin some work into the helmet. Got the Badge section cleaned up and squared off. After some sanding, it'll be ready for priming!

30iksuc.jpg

That looks nice, man! If you get any insight on how to build some of this, I'm looking at making a corresponding Anderson suit and would love help/guidance. I'm totally gonna' gank your eagle, though, if that's cool with you.

Ya, go ahead and use the shoulder eagle. You're going to have to stretch the top half of the eagle to make it work as a more proportional shoulder. Here's an update of where I'm at right now. Got the helmet mostly finished, have to weather it and paint and attach the badge on the helmet (as of now it just held there with some tape). I've finished the visor (tinting was a pain in the ass), and the shoulder is coming along. Still have to add some more layers of paint, as well as detail, and of course weathering. My law school is having a Halloween party tonight, so unfortunately not going to weather this in time, as I also have a midterm haha.

15mxysn.jpg

Here's another picture with flash so you can see the visor a bit better, no matter how smudged with fingerprints it is!

2nhjc7c.jpg

Last edited:
The face shield I made with an 8x12 sheet of polycarbonate (plastic), and bent it with the use of a heat gun. Then tinted it with car window tint film (again a big pain in the ass).

21f0ajs.jpg

Ok threw together the right shoulder and belt buckle in an hour, because I ran out of time and the party was upon me. The texture of the paint is pretty bad, because I used a heat gun to speed the process along. Here's some pics of what I came up with.

2v9wztv.jpg

e0pdf6.jpg

The jacket is a motorcycle jacket from leathup.com that was decently cheap (think it was around $65-70 during a sell). Again I wasn't going for 100% authentic looking Dredd, just get the overall effect.

6oe802.jpg

The heat gun fried the paint on the buckle pretty good, also didnt use primer or any base coat on the foam, due to lack of time. It held together pretty good though, and wasn't very noticeable in the dark.

160ehsj.jpg

As you can see the heat gun did a number on the paint on this shoulder, thankfully the party was at a night club so you really couldn't tell, and it almost looked like it was weathered.

can u guys give tips or a guide for noob? this looks great and I'd like to learn how to do this!

What Kind of tips would you like? There are alot of guides on here, but I might be able to help with some specifics. This was my first foam and pepakura project, so it was a real learning process, but would be happy to help with anything I can.

Really cool... what color of paint did you use for the helmet?
Is the belt buckle aslo made of foam?

I used testors gloss black, gloss red, and a bronze paint for the badges. Put a coat of clear coat on it, and then weathered it a bit (not pictured). The belt buckle was made out of foam as well.

Congrats on the build, it's great!

What kind of reaction did you end up getting at the party? Are you going to continue the build by weathering it or tweaking it in anyway?

What kind of reaction did you end up getting at the party? Are you going to continue the build by weathering it or tweaking it in anyway?

I did weather the helmet a bit, and dusted the whole of the costume, giving it the gritty Dredd feel. The reactions at the party were great. I don't think I have ever said " I am the law" more in my life. The Dredd costume was my first pepakura and foam project and is shelved right now, but I am working on an Iron Man 3 suit, currently the helmet. This is taking up a lot of my time, so if I do work on the costume further, it wont be for a couple more months.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back