small soldiers chip hazard replica

saintmdn

Hi everyone I'm thinking of starting a chip hazard
Replica figure from small soldiers.
I have four of the Hasbro talking figures and was thinking of cutting and sculpting it t o make it look like the screen used prop I've always loved the film and think chip is so cool looking what does everyone think should I do it?.

I will be posting pictures as soon as I get to a computer I only have access to the internet from my phone and for some reason it will not let me post pictures from it.I only started this project two days ago so still early stages I've taken the hasbro chip hazard figure apart and also sanded off his grenade,dog tags,walkie talkie and cut and shaped some other parts I will be filling and sculpting where I have sanded shortly I am taking step by step pictures as I go along so you will get the chance to see every step of the way.

hi everyone here are some pictures of my work so far on my small soldiers chip hazard replica as you can see ive re-sculpted his chest sculpted his belt bags grenade and made his walkie talkie useing the button from the talking chip hazard figure from hasbro ive also cut the head off of the neck squeezed it slightly to give him a wider fuller face which i am very happy with the outcome i think the head looks more like the one used in the film.hope you enjoy the pictures i will post some more once ive worked on him a little more.

Yeah they are my favorite characters to don't understand why Hasbro didn't make chips head look more like him seeing that Stan Winston had Hasbro make the head for chip hazard in the film.

Thank you for the interest he's coming on well and yeah if you would like to purchase one once finished keep in contact and I will sort one out for you.

Nah I was talkin to the dude earlier. He said he was still replicating them. I want one of those chip heads. That'd be pretty cool and nice to have but I'm just gonna do it myself :D it's funner that way
Edit:
Also if I were him. Chip and Link Static actually have around the same body build. Link,Kip,and Chip all have a really close build to each other. With some of the spares he could if he wanted to he could make 12in Link and Kip figurines.

Last edited:
Hi everyone just to let you know chip hazard is in the making again I've just been busy with other projects but now they are completed its back to work on chip hazard and when chip is completed I will be sculpting all the other commandos in 1:1 scale to the props also a replica archer to so that's the plan of action so stay tuned for updates.

Coolio please do post pictures soon. I'd really like to see how your chip comes out. You said you'd be sculpting the rest of the commandos? If so I'd really like to see pictures of the link static when you make him. He's my favorite and well I was actually rather disappoint that the only toy of him was the burger king one and that they didn't release a 6in size of him.
Also something I've noticed and by all means if you can fix it then please do and tell us how you did it. But the thing I noticed alot about the 12in chip that always annoys is me is well 2 things. 1 it seems in the movie he's a little shorter or fatter and 2. In the movie it seems that his arms are more in his chest and on the 12in toy they are outside and well does anyone know anyway to fix that problem? but it might just be me on the arm thingy. I haven't received my chip yet and from all the photos it looks like his arms stick out.

Last edited:
The original prop is the same size as the 12" figure just the 12" figure is skinnier than the prop that's why I'm considering a complete re-sculpt as I want him to be as close to the original as possible.with the arms they will need re- sculpting as the upper arm is a different shape the problem your seeing is the shoulders are to round compared to the prop so that's what makes them stick out.when I start the other commandos I will be sculpting all the heads first so you'll get to see your favorite in a step by step photo updates.with archer I think he will be a complete re-sculpt as the figure is so off in size to the prop.

Okay that'd be pretty cool to see. Just a complete re-sculpt that is made to look like just like the movie. Please do post updates... Btw where is your archer updates post page?

Yeah I think its probably better doing the re-sculpt.I haven't started the archer yet so that page isn't started yet ether.archer is going be a complete fresh sculpture all made with clay then moulded then cast in solid resin once done.I will inform you all when I've started archer

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back