Fringe - Season 5 (Final) Season

Vivek

Master Member
Fringe season 5 premieres tonight at 9 pm Eastern. This final season will consist of 13 episodes. In case of a recap, here are the closing minutes of season 4 finale episode Brave New World.

I avoided all season 5 trailers so far, so looking forward to watching the new episodes.

fringe-season-5-poster.jpg
fringe-season-5-poster2.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/f47/give-fringe-second-chance-98922/
http://www.therpf.com/f47/fringe-102654/
http://www.therpf.com/f47/what-no-fringe-discussion-145733/
Some of the previous season threads.

I'm glad they aren't going to drag it on for several more years. Every show has to come to an end at some point, and now is Fringe's turn to shine bright and end with a bang.

Wow... I honestly didn't even know that it was still on the air. I lost interest back after season 1.

I watched till season 3 then real life took over. Was still living it. Looking fwd to catching up. I prefer it when a series ends when it's meant to end.

Jeez, how many different versions have we had of Walter now? LIke 8?

I like this set up. It's so rare for a show to just totally shake things up to this level. I think this 13 ep season should keeps things tight enough for this to be a pretty good end to the series.

And that song on the end, very nice tie in to what Walter is feeling.

I really need to catch up on this show.. I haven't seen a things since S2. I've got S3 still in the wrapper downstairs, and S4 on order.

I just recently caught up with season 4 and the first 8 or so eps of season 5, and I still love this show and really hope I like the ending!

I'm still upset at the fact that Etta died, but now that she has I'm hoping the series ends with them defeating the observers, and reverting to 2016 or whatever year it was they invaded. That way Peter and Olivia will be together, and have a chance to raise their daughter themselves.

Fringe Benefits Project
Anthony Petrie for EP 218 "White Tulip"
18 x 24 inches, 4 color screenprint
Hand numbered edition of 150 (100 available for purchase)
Price: $30

framec4b.jpg

Fringe Benefits Project
Mark Englert for EP 303 "The Plateau"
36 x 12 inches, 5 color glow-in-the-dark screenprint
Hand numbered edition of 150 (100 available)
Price: $30

(Click to enlarge)

Fringe finale wrapped up nicely, yet now I feel there were still more stories and sci-fi that could have been explored with this show. Fringe finale choked me up quite a few times and
I loved the sequence where Olivia and Peter team up for that item retrieval.
TV Guide takes a look back at the show in their four part series.

Fringe Oral History: Building the World of "Science Fact" | TVGuide.com
Part 1

Fringe Oral History: Dual Universes Open Up a New World Of Possibility | TVGuide.com
Part 2

Fringe Oral History: How the Series Changed Forever with One Sacrificial Act | TVGuide.com
Part 3

Fringe Oral History: The Road to the Series Finale | TVGuide.com
Part 4

'Fringe' Ending: Critics Look Back At Their Favorite Moments From The Fox Series For Season 5 Finale

I avoided this show for years.
Thought it was an X Files wanna be.
The wife got me hooked and I'm on season 3 right now.
She is up to date and not looking forward to the Finale Show.

I avoided this show for years.
Thought it was an X Files wanna be.
The wife got me hooked and I'm on season 3 right now.
She is up to date and not looking forward to the Finale Show.
The last season was a bit different than the others, but the ending is a good one, I think.

September looks really weird as a normal person. I was hoping to see more of the "old" September, he was always an extremely interesting character. For a while there I had a theory that the boy actually was September himself, since he shared the ability to feel, which seems pretty unique among the observers. But I liked the way they handled it. And by the end I was even happy to see December again, even though he'd only shown up a handful of times before that.

I really should go back and watch the whole series again.. it will shed a very different light on early season events and conversations.

"The boy must live. He is important."

Caught up this week after getting a little disillusioned with the alternate universe stuff. Loved how they finished it and would love to see more. I really loved the characters and wish that we could see more writing/acting like that. A magical combination that is all too rare...

If they reset time, wouldn't Peter cease to exist in this timeline? It was September's intervention in the first place that saved him as a little boy.
Seems a glaring mistake. Am I missing something?

I was hoping when Olivia was gathering power, that she would send the Bullet on a chain into Windmark's forehead, see him looking dumbfounded with the chain dangling down, he reaches up and grasps the chain, then his eyes roll back and he collapses. I mean the vehicle sandwich was good, but using the bullet would have rocked.

If they reset time, wouldn't Peter cease to exist in this timeline? It was September's intervention in the first place that saved him as a little boy.
Seems a glaring mistake. Am I missing something?
Since the change occurred in the future, its only outcome are things that were directly affected by the erased future, i.e. the invasion. The "kickoff point" of the change was the moment of the invasion, anything that happened before that was unaffected. So Peter's still around.

If you really want to nitpick, though, it creates a total paradox.. if the Observers never existed, then neither did Michael, therefore he couldn't be there to prevent the Observers from existing, therefore...

The one I don't really get is why they erased Peter at all. There didn't seem to be any benefit to his being removed, and it's pretty clear that he was meant to survive, and he would have if September hadn't interfered (that one momentary mistake that triggered pretty much the entire series).

My wife and I just watched the finale, and I thought it was great. It took me a few seasons to get into the show, but the whole alternate universe story arc really sucked me in. I think the finale wrapped everything up nicely with some scenes that really tugged on the heart strings.

I am still dumbfounded that Nobel wasn't nominated for an Emmy for his work on that show.

Sean

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back