The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Dane DeHaan (Chronicle) is now confirmed to be playing Harry Osborn in the sequel.

dane-dehaan-300x224.jpg

Dane DeHaan (Chronicle) is now confirmed to be playing Harry Osborn in the sequel.

dane-dehaan-300x224.jpg

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

And just like Peter Griffin watching "Failure To Launch"......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsMaBta4SxI

Awful. Just awful. Chronicle wasn't a half bad movie. The only bad half of the movie was every part that involved this guy. He was a huge whiner throughout the entire movie. All he did was whine, cry and complain. I loathed his role. Not an exaggeration, while watching that movie, and the 2nd time I watched it, I thought to myself that "I may hate/strongly dislike this guys character more than any other character I have ever seen in movies and in television".

I had such a strong dislike for this character, that it has now tainted him as an actor for me. I really, cannot stress this enough. I honestly hope that they have a cast change. I can imagine it now.....

We casted you because of your superb ability to annoy the hell out of people and make them want to punch you in the knee caps. Harry Osbourne is going to be exactly, to a tee, the same character as your Chronicle one. Just make sure he is doubly whiny.

Done.

Last edited:
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

And just like Peter Griffin watching "Failure To Launch"......

Done! - YouTube

Awful. Just awful. Chronicle wasn't a half bad movie. The only bad half of the movie was every part that involved this guy. He was a huge whiner throughout the entire movie. All he did was whine, cry and complain. I loathed his role. Not an exaggeration, while watching that movie, and the 2nd time I watched it, I thought to myself that "I may hate/strongly dislike this guys character more than any other character I have ever seen in movies and in television".

I had such a strong dislike for this character, that it has now tainted him as an actor for me. I really, cannot stress this enough. I honestly hope that they have a cast change. I can imagine it now.....

We casted you because of your superb ability to annoy the hell out of people and make them want to punch you in the knee caps. Harry Osbourne is going to be exactly, to a tee, the same character as your Chronicle one. Just make sure he is doubly whiny.

Done.

He was whiny in chronicle because that was his character....he was an an abused teenager who was incredibly socially awkward. I'd be pretty whiny as well.

I think it's a good fit, personally.

I haven't seen any of Dane DeHaan's work but I don't think it is fair to judge him from 1 film unless he plays the same character in every film (ala Michael Cera).

He was whiny in chronicle because that was his character....he was an an abused teenager who was incredibly socially awkward. I'd be pretty whiny as well.

I think it's a good fit, personally.

It probably is a good fit. Even in my dislike for the guy, I see the fit. I just don't like it.

I personally prefer the abused teen played by Judd Nelson in Breakfast Club. While annoying, he was never whiny or and was a little more care free. Never felt like I was watching a child in a teens body. I cannot stress that enough. The "Wolverine/Napoleon" complex mixed revenge syndrome followed w/the whiny little kid attitude = Dane Dehaan, Forever Unclean.

I haven't seen any of Dane DeHaan's work but I don't think it is fair to judge him from 1 film unless he plays the same character in every film (ala Michael Cera).

You are right Great. It probably isn't fair. But you know what else isn't fair?

Life.

No but in all seriousness, I didn't like his character. A lot. So much so, that it has skewed my opinion of him. If that isn't good acting, I don't know what is. It sucks for me I guess, but I'll live w/my decision. If I see a movie I really want to see, and he happens to be in it, I may go see it. But as it stands now, this guy whose character I strongly disliked, is being cast in a movie I have a slight interest in to play what seems like a very similar if not copycat of his character, which I strongly disliked. Except this time, his name is Harry Osbourne. Yeah, right now, it just seems like this movie won't be for me. He has the right to change my opinion of him, as I have the right to change my mind.

Agree w/Cera also. Sad he couldn't develop more after his Arrested Development days.

If that was Norman Osbourne, was he taken in and out of the cell by Electro? Did Electro have the powers to transport others through electricity? I always thought it was just himself.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back