The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Joel Schumacher can't wait for this to be released.

...I also wonder if the Academy will make Jamie Fox give back his Oscar after this. :D

Apparently a lot of sites are reporting that the scene at the 1m16s mark is actually fom the after credit scene of the movie. If this is true then they really blew it with the trailer imo

spider-man-2easteregg.gif

The trailer is scaring me. Way too much in one shot! I hope that everything turns out fine regardless of so many characters.

I wish they would've left the Doc arms and Vulture wings out of the trailer. That would have been cooler to see on the big screen.

Kinda starting to feel like SM3 - a lot of villains but not a lot of substance. If they build on the action in ASM though at least it'll have the best fight sequences among all the Spider-Man films. Nice Doc Ock and Vulture easter eggs in the trailer though, looks like they really are pushing for the Sinister Six by the third movie.

Btw does anyone know what villain Harry Osborn is playing? Is that supposed to be their version of the Goblin? Character designs still look awful, Sony should just contract Meinerding, Wen, & co. from Marvel Studios to design their villains in the future.

Last edited:
Well, Rhino has to use four legs...so Spidey should whoop his ass quick. Hobgoblin for Harry, right? Looks very close to SM3's goblin though. Either way, it's an improvement over the Dafoe robo suit...

One of the things I liked about the first Amazing Spider-Man was that they went for a good balance of CGI and practical stunts/swinging.

Granted some of the Spidey moves can only be done in CGI, but this trailer indicates there is too much CGI in the movie and it's very obvious that it is CGI.

Also so many hints of other villains was not necessary, save some for the actual movie. Sony even put the final closing frames from the Amazing Spider-Man in their promos during 2012. By the time the marketing team is done with this film, there won't be any element of surprise left.

He is my all time favourite superhero and I am going to see this on opening day. But I won't be watching any more trailers for this.

Ouch...maybe the Sinister Six will be the after credits scene and Spidey will have six villains next movie. Then everyone will have a meltdown.:devil

no way they wouldn't show the after credits scene in the trailer, that would be a really bad move on there part

I agree, I was just reposting what many other sites have been saying/thinking (/Film, ScreenRant, etc...)

Either way it seems pretty foolish to show it regardless. They should have left it for a surprise not unless they are banking on people seeing that in the trailer and hoping more people will see the movie. I dunno

Will Electro make electricity puns like Mr.Freeze and his ice puns?

"You have a lot of spark, Spider-Man!"

"It's time to power up!"

"Take CHARGE Spider-Man!"

"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"

So at io9 they zoomed in on this pic from the trailer and here is what a bunch of the buttons say:

ku-xlarge.jpg

Screen_Shot_2013-12-05_at_1_02_16_PM.png

81PUVCT.png

Nano Drug System, Weapons System 8A, Venom Storage 7-U, Exoskeleton 232, Plutonium Lab, Research SGOP 520, Transmitter Test 9, Carbon Fiber Test 7, Oscorp Lab 231, Internal System Test 2, Labs 2345 – 4748, Oscorp Tower File 23.

Synthetic plants, Experiment OCT 32A, 67B – Bio-Lab, Eel Lab – Report 29, Ravencroft, Oahu Facility, Document 9303-D, Power Station – NY, OS – Suit (Mark III), London Lab – 0930, Australia Project, Dr Connors File, Dr Morbious File

I didn't know the Morbious was a doctor. Also some info on Venom, Conors, and Ravencroft.

Even though MJ was cut from the film it seems she's in the trailer

Screen_Shot_2013-12-05_at_12_49_59_PM.png

Heres a pic when she was on set, same clothes and hair style
shailene-crush-taxi-600x1016.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa here. These are super heroes and super villians, they are SUPPOSED to wear masks! I would be happy if they never took their masks off.

Pail Giamante is a great actor. You should be able to see his face like this:

Instead, they turned him into ED-209.

Almost as bad as covering up Willem Dafoe's face.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back