The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Yeah, I wish I could be more optimistic with Foxx being cast, but I just don't see it working. Foxx isn't a method actor, he's Jamie Foxx. Which means we'll be seeing Jamie Foxx acting like Jamie Foxx while wearing an Electro costume.

Yeah, I wish I could be more optimistic with Foxx being cast, but I just don't see it working. Foxx isn't a method actor, he's Jamie Foxx. Which means we'll be seeing Jamie Foxx acting like Jamie Foxx while wearing an Electro costume.

I thought he was good in The Soloist and Collateral. I am going to wait and watch the movie first before I make a judgment call.

You nailed it, well unless....

hqdefault.jpg

nah...

Paul Giamatti To Be The Rhino In AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 | Badass Digest

Didn't think they were going with two villains for the sequel. If they don't introduce Green Goblin now, I wonder if they will ever go ahead with the Gwen Stacy storyline.

And as mentioned in the article Paul Giamatti stated back in 2011 that he is a big Rhino fan, that was when the Amazing Spider-Man was still being filmed. Guess that's why they probably approached him now.

Last edited:
Alright, all this news... I really don't think I want to see this movie. I love Giamattis passion and energy. But I don't see this working at all. Rhino is supposed to be a mammoth of a man. Not Paul Giamatti.

Same goes w/Foxx. I really like Jamie Foxx when he is cast in the right roles. But I am not sure what I feel about him as Electro.

This page already knows my feelings for Dane Dehaan. And to be honest, I really didn't love Garfield as Spiderman. The only thing drawing me to this movie is Emma Stone. And that really isn't enough.

The first movie was alright. It didn't capture that magic that Raimi/Maguires Spiderman had. IMO. I loved those movies. These movies, the effects are better. Everything is crisper, cleaner. But I just did not enjoy it as much. At all. I will see it as I see everything Marvel (Everything except Ghost Rider 2). But so far, this news does not excite me. Thanks for the updates though Vivek.

No one can be Rhino-sized! :rolleyes

Giamatti has a weird shaped head so it may work. It sort of tapers off at the top. And he has great range...he can be a pissed off king!

paul_giamatti_ironclad21.jpeg

I have no idea what's going on.

The rhino? Yeah, cool...sure, but in a live action sense? Yikes. I just don't see that working.

And I REALLY wish they would just go with one villain. I love Electro, but now they've thrown the Rhino in there....ugh. Whatever, I'll just wait and see.

No one can be Rhino-sized! :rolleyes

Giamatti has a weird shaped head so it may work. It sort of tapers off at the top. And he has great range...he can be a pissed off king!

Great picture!!

No, your right Crabra. But they could at least give the actor a head start. Not to reprise Vinnie Jones, but someone of his stature would have been a better start.

What about the pro wrestler Rhyno? (hahahaha). No, but in all seriousness, I just don't know how they can pull it off. Tom Hardy as Bane was not huge like comic Bane is. So it is possible to take the character and develop it into something imaginable. But then again, the ASM did feature a giant lizard man terrorizing NYC. So I don't really think they care about real life takes on the characters. Which brings me back to Paul Giamatti. The actor chosen could have been given a head start by choosing someone who is already big.

PG is a great actor, so I am excited about that. I guess I will just wait and see, as there is still a while until this comes out. I just am very curious to see how this plays out.

I was thinking the same thing :confused

I don't even know who Chameleon is...

Another Russian Villain. This is the Chameleon. He has the power to assume the identity of anyone. Not a shape shifter though. His belt possesses the power to store images/data of the person he is imitating. Not a good fighter or very powerful, but extremely intelligent.

Chameleon_Marvel.jpg

I mean, that could be the Chameleon. But I don't know why one would be led to believe it is. When I first saw the scene, my mind immediately jumped to two people. Electro & Mysterio.

It seems I was dead on w/Electro. Personally, I would rather see Mysterio over Chameleon. What leads you to believe it is Chameleon Axlotl?

What leads you to believe it is Chameleon Axlotl?

The Dr. Connors/Oscorp mucking-about-with-DNA slant the movie put on everybody's origins. Dr. Connors was experimenting with lizards. Why not a chameleon? One of Dr. Connors' colleagues pulls a Peter Parker one day and gets stirfried with a chameleon. Now he can camoflage himself perfectly. Look like anybody. Infiltrate a prison by impersonating a guard, perhaps...
I just think that if they're going with the mixed/mutated DNA thing for hero/villain origins, the guy with the best chances of getting in and out of a prison undetected is the Chameleon. Plus, he's an old, and apparently unknown, character that could use a cool new revamp and would really make Parker's life interesting for 2 hours of overpriced popcorn.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back