The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Regarding Woodley, I guess all the nasty fanboy hatred was all for naught. Doesn't matter, nobody they cast who can act will be good looking enough for the unrealistic expectations some of these fanboys have. And this is rebooting off of Kirsten Dunst for crying out loud!

I actually saw a ridiculously hot redhead walking down the street the other day. She was too short (probably 5'4" ), but she had stunning features and the brightest natural red hair I've ever seen. I thought to myself, "why can't they cast someone like that as MJ?". I know the girl cast needs to act, but god, is it THAT hard to find a hot, natural redhead who can act in Hollywood? I suppose it is.

I actually saw a ridiculously hot redhead walking down the street the other day. She was too short (probably 5'4" ), but she had stunning features and the brightest natural red hair I've ever seen. I thought to myself, "why can't they cast someone like that as MJ?". I know the girl cast needs to act, but god, is it THAT hard to find a hot, natural redhead who can act in Hollywood? I suppose it is.

It's hard enough to find a legit good looking girl who can act in Hollywood. And a natural redhead? Forget about it. Also 5'4 is about average for women in the industry, most actresses are in the low 5's.

Just a rumor for now, twittersphere debunked that rumor for the moment. I will admit she's rather pretty but never seen her work so I really have no way to assess this.

Uhhhh.. yeah.

MJs.jpg

One of these looks like an MJ. The other does not. What the hell were they thinking with the first one?????

It's hard enough to find a legit good looking girl who can act in Hollywood. And a natural redhead? Forget about it. Also 5'4 is about average for women in the industry, most actresses are in the low 5's.

Bullcrap. They can find new talent any time. If Hollywood wasn't such an incestous group, they'd have more talent.

Bullcrap. They can find new talent any time. If Hollywood wasn't such an incestous group, they'd have more talent.

I've lived long enough in this town and worked long enough in the entertainment industry, that all I can respond with is :rolleyes For every talented good-looking actress in this town, I'll find you a thousand out-of-work actresses that casting directors wouldn't give a second look at. But hey, believe whatever you want.

I've lived long enough in this town and worked long enough in the entertainment industry, that all I can respond with is :rolleyes For every talented good-looking actress in this town, I'll find you a thousand out-of-work actresses that casting directors wouldn't give a second look at. But hey, believe whatever you want.

And how does that do anything but EXACTLY PROVE my point? They want to keep using the same small pool of actors every time. You have to have named talent, you can't ever take a risk, you've got to have all established stars you're not allowed to help a NEW star form.

That's incestous.

And how does that do anything but EXACTLY PROVE my point? They want to keep using the same small pool of actors every time. You have to have named talent, you can't ever take a risk, you've got to have all established stars you're not allowed to help a NEW star form.

That's incestous.

I'll give you that major production companies only select the A-listers because of the necessity for risk aversion in today's film industry, but you implied there's a large pool of untapped talent out there. I'm saying, no there isn't. The majority of good looking wannabe actresses in this town can't act worth a damn. And that small pool of A-list actors changes every year, so there's opportunity for new talent, if they're downright lucky enough to get discovered.

To put this back on track with ASM, Sony has taken chances - they casted Andrew Garfield as the lead actor, whose only recognizable film on his resume was Social Network. So no, it's not completely incestous, sometimes even for tentpole films they'll take chances with casting. Bottomline is, neither one of us are casting directors so let's not pretend we are, but I know this industry well enough that the size of talent pool for actresses fitting that bill is not as large as you believe it is.

Last edited:
Great cover. At first I thought Electro had crazy "bat nipples" but I guess they put them low enough to dodge that bullet :p

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back