Which Iron Man Pepakura files to use.

noxesy

Hey guys I have started my IM build, at the moment using sharkhead7854 files to build the helmet.

I was just wondering whether there are any newer updated files out there I have missed?

Will be using Darkside501's MK7 files to build the rest.

Any recommendations you guys can offer towards a complete and utter newbie? :)

Building something like this is a completely new and awesome experience! :confused

Start with handplate, leave the helmet build towards the end.

Plan ahead. Use search button to find information. See my tips :love

I'm about as much a newbie as you but what I can say is expect to **** up. It's going to happen but don't get discouraged by it and be patient.

What are you building with? pep/fibreglass/resin/bondo or foam?

i am vey new to the world of builds like this.
i do need to know though, which is the preferred method for the iron man suit/helmet?
foam build or paper and fibre-glass resin?

Some pro and cons regarding foam vs paper in my tip #22 (the the link below). And lots of other tips.
Welcome and good luck

Start with handplate, leave the helmet build towards the end.

Plan ahead. Use search button to find information. See my tips :love

THAT.
Pick a piece... craft it... once you're happy with it, move to the next piece... be patient, KNOW that you will make a few mistakes and likely have to scrap a piece along the way... =)

i am vey new to the world of builds like this.
i do need to know though, which is the preferred method for the iron man suit/helmet?
foam build or paper and fibre-glass resin?

In general, 'foam' builds are less expensive, a lot quicker to build and less durable, while fibreglass builds are a lot more resilient, the price goes up, they're heavier and tend to have the details that foam tends to miss.
If you knuckled down, you could probably churn out a complete suit in a month or two out of foam... a fibreglass suit will take many months on top of that.

There are exceptions to every rule, but that seems to be the general consensus.

My suggestion would be to start with foam and once you have something you like, then 'adventure' with resin-fibreglass... that way you're not out a tremendous amount of money with any mistakes you make. ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back